Wow! It is hard to believe that I'm already working on my reading plans for April. 2017 hasn't been my best year so far in regards to how many books I've read but it has been a good year quality wise. This will probably one of the busier months for my family as we adjust to sports schedules and fitting all of that around school and homework. I still have lots of reading goals and books that I would like to read so my reading pile is as huge as always. Here are the print books that I'm hoping to read in April:
- A Perfect Gentleman by Candace Camp - This was a surprise review copy sent by the publisher to me this past month. I enjoyed one of this author's books last year so I was super excited about this especially as I hadn't heard about it until now. I read the premise and can already tell that this is a book I will enjoy.
- Summer Knight by Jim Butcher - I've been craving some Harry Dresden so it is well past time to continue on with this series. I was listening to a podcast the other day that mentioned this series and ended up requesting this book from the library soon after. I can't wait to see what kind of trouble Harry gets himself into next.
- The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen - 1st in a series and this is actually off of my own shelves. I picked this book up from the used bookstore earlier this year I believe and am anxious to read it. I've never seen the show that is based on this series but I wouldn't mind checking it out (after I read the books first). I can't wait to check this book out!
- The Day I Died by Lori Rader-Day - This is a review copy for an upcoming TLC Book tour that is later this month. This author has been on my radar for awhile now so I can't wait to finally give her a try! It sounds like my kind of book and will probably end up being my next read.
- Missing, Presumed by Susie Steiner - These first two books are both the first books in a series that I haven't yet started and now also have the 2nd book waiting to be read. Don't worry I'm shaking my head at myself over here too. I really like the sound of this one and am eager to get started on it!
- Mummy's Favorite by Sarah Flint - See above for my part of my explanation on wanting to read. The cover of this one is also pretty great and then you add in the description....well, I've already downloaded this one on my phone ready to be started. Both of these books sound like they will be right up my alley so I can't wait!
- Final Girls by Riley Sager - I told you guys that I wouldn't be able to wait too much longer before reading this one. It doesn't release until July I believe but I just have to check it out for myself now. It sounds creepy and thrilling and I'm there for all of that! Plus, that cover!!!
- Dangerous Behavior by Nancy Bush - I requested this one from NetGalley based of the description alone. I've had this author on my TBR list for years but hopefully not for much longer. It sounds like a page turner and I'm looking forward to checking it out!
- He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly - This is another author that I've been wanting to read for years. I jumped all over the chance to read this one because I've got no self control. Also, because this book basically sounded amazing and how could I not?
- Gone Without a Trace by Mary Torjussen - I'm participating in a blog tour for the publisher for this one later this month. I couldn't help saying yes because I am basically addicted to all thrillers/mysteries as of late. It sounds like it will be a great read and I have high hopes!
- Death Among the Doilies by Mollie Cox Bryan - 1st in a cozy mystery series that I've been wanting to start. It also helps that I now have the second book also waiting to be read on my kindle so I need to read this one first (I'm seeing a trend here as well). I love a good cozy to switch things up so this should be perfect.
- The Child by Fiona Barton - Last year I read and enjoyed The Widow by this author. This book sounds even better so I couldn't resist requesting it. I'm loving that cover as well! I think that one of the characters from the previous book is in this one as well (the detective or reporter maybe?) so that will be interesting to see as well.
- The Lady Traveler's Guide to Scoundrels & Other Gentlemen by Victoria Alexander - I feel like this book should win the award for longest title. This is for another upcoming TLC book tour although my review date isn't until May or June - I can't remember off the top of my head. Another author that I've been wanting to try so I'm excited to see what this book is all about!
- Undertow by Elizabeth Heathcote - Oh my goodness- the premise of this book! A woman who gets married and then thinks that her new husband may have killed his previous wife. I'm so there! That cover is so eye-catching as well and I just had to check it out for myself!
What book/s should I read first? Have you read any of these yet? What books are you hoping to read in April? Do share!