Here we go again! I really debated on if I wanted to come up with a pile of possible reads in January. Let me start off by saying that I fully acknowledge how nutty I can be when it comes to books. I love, love, love coming up with piles of books to read from. But what I learned last year, is that I can also overwhelm myself by all of the possibilities that I have to choose from. There is just not enough time in the day for all of the books that I would like to read. I'm instead going to use this book pile to hopefully help to motivate me to read more this time around. That sounds like a much better idea in my opinion! I'm sure that I will go off pile whenever the mood strikes but I'm okay with that. I'm including a mixture of print and e-books and I'm hoping to just read, read, read! Here are the books that I would love to read in January:
- Locked In by Kerry Wilkinson - This is the 1st in a series and off of my own shelves. I love the sound of this book and have been meaning to read it every since I bought it. I'm not waiting too much longer to see what this series is all about!
- The Doll's House by M.J. Arlidge - 3rd book in one of my favorite series. One of the things that I would really like to do in the new year is catch up with some of the series that I am in the middle of. This is definitely one of them. Copy from my local library.
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne - I couldn't not request this book from the library after seeing if on multiple top reads lists from some of my favorite romance bloggers. I cannot wait to give this one a try and see what everyone is talking about!
- Killer's Island by Anna Jansson - This is a review copy that has been sitting on my shelves for a ridiculous amount of time. I don't know much about it other than it is a mystery- but that is enough for me to want to finally read it. I WILL read some of these older review copies that have been languishing on my shelves in 2017.
- The First Days by Rhiannon Frater - This is a book that I just got back from my sister that she highly recommends. I forgot I even lent it to her but I'm super excited to read it. Maybe this will give me my zombie fix while I wait for The Walking Dead to return.
- Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs - Last year I reread the first three books in Briggs' Mercy Thompson series back to back, and I loved every minute of it! I'm not waiting for two more years (or some other ridiculous length of time) before I continue on with this series. This is another book off of my own shelves.
- Sinful Scottish Laird by Julia London - NetGalley review copy for a TLC Book tour in February. I'm going to try and get ahead of the game by reading this book early. I'm in the mood for some historical romance so I'm looking forward to this one.
- Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner - I loved Find Me last year by this author so I'm not waiting long to read this one. It sounds just as intense and thrilling so I'm really looking forward to it! This is also a NetGalley review copy.
- Snowblind by Ragnar Jonasson - This is also a NetGalley review copy and a thriller that fits this time of year perfectly. I'm really looking forward to giving this author a try as I've been hearing great things. And that cover is just perfection!
- Lady Claire is All That by Maya Rodale - Edelweiss review copy and a new to me author. I've also been seeing some great reviews of this author's books so I'm really looking forward to this book as well. AND this book is loosely based off of one of my favorite movies from when I was a teenager. I can't wait!
- Black-Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin - This is one of those books that has been languishing on my e-reader for way too long. I've only heard good things about this book so I have no clue why I've waited so long to read it. That's going to change though soon!
- The Day She Can't Forget by Meg Carter - I love, love, love the sound of this book. It just sounds like a thriller that I will enjoy so I have very high hopes for it. Yet another NetGalley review copy (sigh- I really need to work on my self control in 2017).
I was thinking that I really need to get caught up with Patricia Briggs. It is because I started rereading the series last year and then other stuff came up so then I didn't read the newest and there is another new one out in March. Must remedy that! I love Mercy!ReplyDelete
Kailana- I'm trying to catch up on her series as well. I have enjoyed each book in this series so far....so what am I waiting for? This year I will catch up with this series!!! I'm glad that you love this series too!Delete
There are definite pros and cons to making lists like this. I don't read enough for it to well for me, but then, it would definitely help me in that it would narrow down my choices when I'm struggling to figure out what to read next. These all sound really good, Samantha!ReplyDelete
Wendy- This list works for me until it doesn't. LOL! Usually it stops working when I realize that I can't read all of the books that I want to in one month. And when it starts stressing me out....so then I will stop doing it since this is supposed to help :)Delete
Oh so many good books to check out. I hope you enjoy the The Dollhouse. I can't wait to read your review of it. Black Eyed Susans is another that's been on my radar for a while. Have a great reading month!ReplyDelete
Iliana- I'm really, really looking forward to The Dollhouse and Black-Eyed Susans! I'm suck a sucker though for a good mystery :)Delete
I brought home The Hating Game for the very same reason. Black Eyed Susans was a good read.ReplyDelete
Nise- I can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Hating Game to see if you love it as much as everyone else has! I have high hopes for it myself!!Delete