Because Mother's Day fell on the day after we got back from vacation, I had no plans whatsoever and no expectations for it. Much to my surprise (and delight) the family took me to the used bookstore and Starbucks for a coffee. What a perfect way for me to spend Mother's day! I overindulged and bought WAY too many books but I just couldn't seem to help myself. There were just so many that I wanted, and I couldn't resist bringing them all home with me. Now no more bookstore trips for me until I actually read some of these :) Here are the books that I decided to bring home:
- Touch the Dark by Karen Chance- 1st in this urban fantasy series. I found a ton of great sounding urban fantasy series that I haven't started yet. It was hard for me to figure out which ones that I absolutely NEEDED for my shelves but this was one of them.
- The Walker in Shadows by Barbara Michaels- Ummm..because this is by Barbara Michaels. So of course I had to have it!
- Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur- I actually have already read this one but somehow I fell out of reading this series. I want to get back to it since I really enjoyed it so I decided to grab book one and start again. I'm so excited to get back to this series!
- Mark of the Demon by Diana Rowland- Another first in a series that I'm looking forward to reading. This is an author that I've been meaning to try and now I am actually going to do it!
- Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean- I've read and loved a different book by this author so I'm super excited to start this trilogy. Plus, I need some historical romance in my life!
- The Lost Night by Jayne Castle- 1st in a paranormal romance series that I've also been wanting to try. I was on a paranormal kick today!
- Deception Cove by Jayne Castle- 2nd in this paranormal romance series. These both sound really great!
- Spellbent by Lucy A. Snyder- Another 1st in an urban fantasy series. Sensing a trend here? I've been craving good urban fantasy and I think my book selections reflect that. I love the cover for this one as well!
- The Mummy Case by Elizabeth Peters- Yay! I have the third book in my hands now. You guys don't know how hard it is for me to keep from starting this one RIGHT NOW! I'm going to try to finish my current read first.
- Promise Not to Tell by Jennifer McMahon- Because I have LOVED every book that I have read by this author. This is her debut novel, and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to reading it.
Or better yet tell me about your latest book acquisitions so I won't feel like such a book hoarder! It would be nice to know that I'm in good company :)
What a great way to celebrate Mother's Day! It sounds like you have got some great books there. :-)ReplyDelete
I don't know if it will make you feel better, but I slid off the wagon and requested several books from NetGalley last week despite my self-imposed ban.
Nine Rules To Break When Romancing A Rake is one of my favorites. Enjoy!ReplyDelete
Enjoy your new books! We really need a few extra hours in the day! :)ReplyDelete
Walker in Shadows is -- as I recall -- not the greatest of the Barbara Michaels books. It's not terrible, but maybe keep your expectations on the low side for that one. You can predict good things of The Mummy Case though! Ramses gets some stuff to do for the first time, which is always fun.ReplyDelete