Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Sunday Salon: Motivation

Whew!  It has been entirely too long since I last participated in The Sunday Salon.  Life has been just as crazy/busy as usual but that is really no excuse for my lack of blogging.  I think that I've just been a little lacking in the motivation department especially when it comes to sharing my thoughts on the books that I have read.  I'm SO far behind on reviews that I end up reading even more (and writing even less).  Today is the first Sunday in awhile where I don't feel like I have hundreds of tasks to complete so I'm going to try and dive into my review writing.  Maybe that will help me to get back into the bloggy swing of things (where I actually comment on other blogs, read reviews, etc.)

Other than reading I've been working really hard on once again getting back to working out.  I'm horrible about starting to work out and then just stopping.  Motivation once again....but this is one of the hardest things for me to keep up with.  It is entirely too easy to tell myself that I have other more important things to do (and then I sit on my butt in front of computer, television, whatever).  I'm starting week 2 of the From Couch to 5K program later this afternoon and it feels good.  Really good to be running once again and hopefully shedding a few pounds.  I just need to keep reminding myself how much better I feel about myself when I work out.  That should really be all of the motivation that I need!

Let's talk about my reading though, shall we?  This week I finished up Backlash by Lynda La Plante which I read for an upcoming TLC book tour.  It was pretty good although I feel like I missed out a bit in not reading this series in order.  I should know better because I feel this way a lot when I read books in series out of order.  I'm now currently reading Killer Image by Wendy Tyson which is also for a TLC book tour.  It is a mystery that has already captured my attention so I'm hoping to get some more reading time in today with it.  I'm also working my way through Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson which I'm reading on my e-reader.  I will definitely be spending the majority of my time on this book today because I'm hooked!  I've got no clue what I will be reading after these as there are just so many books that I want to read. 


Alright guys, I'm off to go get this run in so I can relax for the rest of the day.  And write up a few reviews!  I hope that you guys all have a great Sunday curled up with a good book.  Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. It can definitely be hard to keep up the motivation with blogging, maybe write some mini reviews or just write reviews for the books you loved? Think of it as a clean slate :D

    enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to keep motivating myself when it comes to working out too. I'll find a million other things to do before I hit the gym. Good luck with your from the couch to 5K challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You do sound super busy--I know the feeling. Yet, you manage to get your reading in! Best of luck with your running. I know it's not easy but the benefits are many. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean, its hard to stay motivated sometimes. Life is so hectic! Good for you on doing the From Couch to 5K program! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be hard to stay motivated. I think it's wonderful you are going to start working out again. I really need to make time to work out. I'm all about the excuses. Full Blooded sounds really good! I am glad you enjoyed Backlash too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy- I was just thinking that a few mini reviews would be the perfect way to help me catch up a bit. Especially since it is easier at times to just keep reading and not reviewing :) I AM the queen of procrastination after all!

    Iliana- I've been so bad lately once again when it comes to working out :/ I go through phases when I do really, really good and then nothing. Ugh! I'm trying to motivate myself yet once again to get my butt in gear and get on the treadmill. We will see....

    Suko- Reading is one of the only things that can relax me no matter how stressed out I am. If I'm not reading then I'm usually a pretty unhappy camper. LOL! Now if I could just make sure that I was as committed to exercise as I am to reading. That would be a VERY good thing!

    Naida- I have stalled out on week three (or was it four?) of From Couch to 5K. Again. Oops! I think I'm going to have to start over to help get me moving once more :)

    Wendy- I find it very, very easy to talk myself out of working out but it is surprisingly hard to get myself to work out. LOLOLOL! And I'm all about the excuses myself! I really enjoyed Full Blooded but be warned that you will want book two right after!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)