Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Sunday Salon: R.I.P. Fever!!!


You guys!  I seriously, seriously have R.I.P. fever as of late and am anxiously waiting for Carl to post about it!! I've been setting books aside for about a month now that I plan/want to read in the coming months but when I saw that the ladies at The Estella Society are hosting a read-along for The Historian I knew that I just HAD to participate!  I've already got this one on my shelves and have been meaning to read it for awhile now.  I actually think that I won my copy a few years back but I'm struggling to remember from who or where.  But anyways this would be a great way to get this one off of my shelves and finally read!  I can't wait to get started!


I'm also officially signing up for the Bout of Books read-a-thon.  I've participated in this one a couple of times and always had a good time.  This weeks looks to be crazy busy for me: school starts, overtime, football practice and other fun things but I'm still planning on getting some books read.  Here is what the Bout of Books website says:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

My reading plans are going to be kept to a minimum considering how crazy the week is shaping up to be.  I'm currently reading The Arrangement by Mary Balogh which I'm reading for a TLC book tour.  I also want to finish up Vanish With the Rose by Barbara Michaels which I keep setting aside for no good reason.  Actually I do have a really good reason as last week I read and loved Lost by S.J. Bolton.  S.J. Bolton is one of my FAVORITE authors and she definitely didn't disappoint with this latest book.  I plan on writing up my thoughts on this one for this week (which almost never happens) but suffice it to say that it helped to give me even more R.I.P. fever.  This book was so creepy!  So I may only plan to try and finish two books this week for the read-a-thon but if I get the chance to read more you can bet I will!  In fact I plan to get some reading done today in between loads of laundry (and cleaning).  Happy Sunday and happy reading!!


7 comments:

  1. I've got a stack set aside for Carl's R.I.P. event myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, it sounds like you're more than ready to start your reading for R.I.P.. Why not get a head start? Enjoy all of your reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for RIP -- sort of mad at myself that I didn't save Marisha Pessl's new book for that, as it would have been totally perfect for it. Oh well. At least I still have a new(ish) Shirley Jackson book waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so waiting for R.I.P. challenge too. I've got my books ready :)
    Happy reading! The Mary Balogh looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad you're joining us for The Historian!!!! And Bout of Books. I'm playing along with that this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for the R.I.P. challenge too! I can't wait to start putting my list together - that's always part of the fun isn't it? :)

    Have fun with Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun with all your reading challenges. I really should join in for The Historian since I've been meaning to read it for ages. I hope you have a good week despite being so busy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)