Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Sunday Salon- Brrrr....

Morning Afternoon everyone! It is a beautiful, sunshine filled day that is absolutely freezing! Perfect day to stay inside and work on my enormous pile of laundry that seems to grow by the minute. Don't worry as I'm also planning on fitting in reading time with all of the other projects that I should be working on. I spent a lot of yesterday reading through your posts in my Google reader but it still looks like I didn't even make a dent. I still have 1000+ posts...oh my goodness! So part of my day might be working on getting that number down especially when my daughter goes down for her nap :)

I'm currently reading The House at Riverton by Kate Morton. This is my 1st read of 2010 and I'm still working on it. It's close to 500 pages (not quite) and I'm over 300 pages in. Good so far, it has been keeping my interest and I find myself caught up within the story. That being said I've been reading it more slowly than usual which is probably for multiple reasons. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

Up next, I'm hoping to read Dead Girls Don't Dance by Rachel Caine before it is due back at the library. It is the 2nd book in the YA Morganville Vampire series and it has been awhile since I read the 1st book. You aren't going to believe this but I haven't been to the library in like two weeks. I REALLY need to go and soon as I believe I'm going through withdrawals...LOL!

Some books that I added to the TBR list for this week are:


1.Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep

2.The Semantics of Murder by Aifric Campbell

3.Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel

Plus, a bunch more...of course! But I thought that I would share a few that I'm really excited about. Let me know if you've read of any of these...I'll be requesting them from the library asap. And how in the world does everyone else make the spacing of their pictures look so nice and mine look...well...like this? (Edited to add: Hmm...it looks better when I publish it then it did on the screen...maybe I just need to play with it more) I'm off to start another load of laundry but I'll be visiting you all soon. Have a great week of reading!!

14 comments:

  1. I have The Semantics of Murder on my stacks but I haven't gotten around to it just yet. Just read S. Krishna's review of it today, and it looks really good.

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your books look perfectly lined up here. I have no idea how to do that. If you learn the secret, let me know.

    Just finished Wolf Hall yesterday. Second time I checked it out from the library. I got about a fourth of the way in first time and then I couldn't renew it...someone else had put it on hold! So I had to put it on hold again and wait until it came back. Happily finished it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought Wolf Hall but haven't had a chance to start it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Sunday Sam. I've got The House at Riverton but haven't read it yet. I'm getting there. lol.

    I'd love to read Wolf Hall one of these days too.

    Your books are all lined up perfectly on screen.

    Happy REading. I need to quit reading blogs and get back to my book. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Google reader but it does drive me crazy some times with stress. The House in Riverton is on my 2010 Chunkster list.

    Have a good week Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of the books that you added to your TBR list. The Kate Morton book that you're currently reading is on my TBR list though...I did laundry all day too...must be a mom and Sunday thing huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's freezing here too. It doesn't seem to matter how much I bundle up, I still feel the cold seeping into my bones... hot cocoa is the only cure. Happy reading and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading The House at Riverton, but then when we discussed it at book club it turned int an entirely different thing. It was really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have some great books planned! I really want to read Wolf Hall at some point this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate that chores get in the way of reading time all too often! :)

    I hope you'll get a chance to put your feet up and read The House at Riverton.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andi- I think that S. Krishna's review is what made me add it to my TBR list :)

    Readerbuzz- LOL! I was really getting frustrated but then it turned out better than I thought. Did you enjoy Wolf Hall??

    Lola- I've heard good things about Wolf Hall but I've yet to pick it up myself.

    Dar- I think that you would really enjoy House of Riverton..I haven't finished it yet but I'm really liking it so far.

    Diane- It just gets frustrating when you've read over 300 posts and can't even tell the difference.

    Staci- Laundry on Sundays is most definitely a Mom thing :P

    Ladytink- I just love hot cocoa...I've got to have some now. LOL!

    Nicole- That is interesting...I would have liked to hear what you guys talked about.

    Eva- Looks like I'm in good company then as everyone is singing its' praises.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suko- I did end up getting plenty of time to read yesterday and hopefully will be able to finish The House of Riverton tonight at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dont have a google reader, because I think I'll have a panic attack if I actually have a number on the posts i've yet to read...lol.
    happy reading!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Naida- I can understand that :) But it is nice to have somewhere to go where you can read all of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)