Saturday, January 12, 2008

Heart Sick by Chelsea Caine


Hmm....what an interesting premise for a book. In this story Archie, a former detective, is asked to head the task force for a serial killer who is killing young girls that all look alike. Archie is at rock bottom as he is addicted to pain pills, divorced, and in continual pain from an encounter with Gretchen Lowell. Gretchen is a serial killer that kidnapped Archie and tortured him for 10 days before turning herself into authorities. Now Archie is on the hunt for a new serial killer while trying to hold himself together. Plus, he has a weird obsession with Gretchen and goes to see her in jail once a week.

This was a good book but not great. I found the mystery part of the book a bit lacking. While I say that keep in mind that it still had me turning the pages as fast as I could. I enjoyed the ending and am now wondering if the author will write another book with these characters. Hmm... :)

Challenges: A-Z Challenge (Title "H")

My Rating: 3.75 out of 5

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book! And, yes, if I remember correctly, I believe it's going to be a series. :) I'm thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would most definitely continue reading this if it was a series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)