Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Banned Book Challenge

I'm starting to think that I'm as addicted to joining challenges as I am to reading. :) I can't help but laugh at myself for joining ANOTHER challenge! (not to mention that I recently joined two yahoo groups that are hosting challenges that I am involved in. But how can I resist this one?? I LOVE the idea of reading banned books...plus I've already got some of these books chosen for other challenges. Here is what I have chosen to read:

  • Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang
  • Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
  • The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
  • Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
  • East of Eden by John Steinbeck
  • Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
  • The Color Purple by Alice Walker

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea that some of these books were banned! And I'm a religious, prudish sort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked my books from the banned book list...I didn't know about some of these either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know why Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China is banned? I read this one last year and enjoyed it. I can't recall to many of the details though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I don't to be honest :) The blog that is hosting this challenge had a list of banned books and this is where I picked them from...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)