Sunday, January 12, 2020

The Sunday Post #61 (A Reading Update)

"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme"

Happy Sunday!  It finally feels like winter is here with our 1st winter storm of 2020.  I'm writing this post on Saturday afternoon  with the snow coming down and the wind blowing.  It's the perfect type of weather to curl up with a book and just read.

It felt like a much busier week than I expected it to be (but maybe that's because it was just the 1st full week of work in a couple of weeks).  The kids are all back in school, softball and baseball practices, football lifting, and basketball all started back up this week.  No wonder I was so tired now that I list all of that stuff out for all of you.  This is actually still our "down time" when it comes to sports - it will get REALLY crazy come this spring so I'm trying to enjoy the nights I have at home as much as possible.  There isn't much else to update you with - I finished my first book of the year and took the week off of posting on Bookstagram.  I didn't read much at all during the week which was a bit disappointing because I was trying to unofficially participate in the Bout of Books read-a-thon.  I'm hoping to be more successful in reading this coming week instead now.

The first book that I finished in 2020 was:


Almost Just Friends by Jill Shalvis was a fun and solid way to begin my 2020 reading year.  I've actually already written up my thoughts on this one - my review is scheduled to be posted on the 14th so keep an eye out for it!  I really enjoyed it though and because it is part of a series I have now added the previous books to my TBR list.

I'm currently reading the following books:



I don't usually read three books at once but that's just the way things turned out.  I've been reading The Hollows by Jess Montgomery which is courtesy of the publisher as part of an upcoming TLC book tour.  I'm enjoying it so far but this isn't a book that you want to rush through - instead it is one that I'm taking my time with.  Because of that (and my reading mood), I decided to pick up Six Years by Harlan Coben off of my own shelves.  With the winter storm that we were supposed to be getting this weekend, I decided a needed a fast paced page turner so I finally picked this one up.  It's definitely keeping me turning the pages so I'm thinking it was a good choice.  Finally on my e-reader I'm currently reading How To Claim An Undead Soul by Hailey Edwards.  I read the 1st book in this series two years back and am glad to be finally continuing on (although I'm really not that far into it yet).

It's going to be my reading goal of the week to finish at least two of these books.  I don't have any other plans for the weekend besides working on my out of control laundry piles.  My youngest has baseball practice and a basketball game tomorrow but he isn't feeling well so it remains to be seen if he will go to either.  If not, we will be in hibernation mode all weekend long which is just GLORIOUS!

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. I'm feeling you! Track and soccer season are starting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it's back to the routines and this week was a blur. At least we are having mild winter weather, more like fall/spring than winter here. I have Almost Just Friends on audio to read this week and I have really enjoyed the other books in the series. I love most things Jill Shalvis I also loved the Hailey Edwards series and have read them all over the last year. So enjoy!

    Have a great week and take some time to breathe and read!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you got to hibernate and read!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing lots of people mention snow and feeling snow envy! We don't get it often and when we do it's rarely a lot. :( Right now, we have lots of rain and storms.
    The Hailey Edwards series is calling to me... Need to read that one at some point!

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound like the perfect weather for reading! I hope the storm isn't too bad just the same. It sounds like you jumped right back into things this week. I'm going to try to enjoy the next couple weeks before the real rush here begins. Girl Scout cookies season starts the end of this month and rehearsals for the summer shows will begin the beginning of March. That means we won't have a free day ever again. Okay, so at least until cookie season is over, and then we'll have one day free a week. LOL Mouse wants to add a hip hop class to her schedule and so we are going to try that out this week and see how it goes.

    It looks like you are reading some great books! How to Claim an Undead Soul sounds especially good. I hope you continue to enjoy your reading, Samantha!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are enjoying the weekend with your books! Hope the weather isn't too awful though. I think I've read Six Years before and it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t know how parents keep up with all their kids’ sports. It sounds exhausting. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)