Here we are and I'm already planning out my reading for February. How fast time flies by lately! I went off pile with my reading in January but I also managed to read a few books that were included in January reading plans. A good mix if I'm being honest with myself. I'm a very moody reader so sometimes I just have to go with my reading moods or risk a nasty reading slump instead. I'm having fun still with coming up with books that I want to read each month so here we are with my February reading pile. A few things to note though (besides the given fact that I will most likely ALWAYS go off pile at some point each month): one- I feel like it is a given that any library book I have checked out currently is always a possibility for that months reads. I include library books in my reading piles sometimes but I certainly don't include them all - because I always have a ridiculous number checked out. LOL! I'm also still mulling over what my nonfiction pick will be for this month. I'm still working on January's pick- which is Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer. In light of everything that is going on in politics lately....well, I'm still deciding on my next nonfiction read. I will leave it at that. Here are the print books that I'm hoping/wanting to read in February:
- From Potter's Field by Patricia Cornwell - Last year I binged out on the earlier books in this series and enjoyed every minute of it. I am ready to continue on and see what type of case Scarpetta gets involved with next. These books are always page turners and I'm especially looking forward to this one. This book is from my own shelves which is an added bonus.
- Baby It's Cold Outside by Addison Fox - I added this one to my TBR list awhile back thanks to the Smart Bitches, Trashy Books podcast which is a favorite of mine for romance recommendations. This book just sounds like fun and the perfect read for this time of year. I kind of have an obsession with anything related to Alaska so it is high up there on my reading list! This is a library find.
- Wilde Lake by Laura Lippman - This is a review copy for an upcoming TLC book tour. My tour date isn't actually until March but I'm trying to read ahead so it is on this month's pile. Also, it basically sounds amazing so why wait? Lippman is one of those authors that I always mean to read- but I don't know that I've actually ever read anything by her. I have high hopes though for this book!
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass - In 2017 I'm really hoping to push myself in reading in different ways. One of those ways is in actually reading the books that EVERYONE else seems to be talking about or have loved. I add those books to my TBR list but then never read them myself (sad fact- I've never read The Hunger Games- for real). I picked this one up from the library to push myself. I don't read a lot of YA or fantasy but I've heard such good things about these books. I can't wait to see for myself what the hype is all about!
- The Drifter by Christine Lennon - Another review copy for upcoming TLC book tour. This is also for a March tour date but I don't want to wait that long to read it as it sounds too good. Add to that an absolutely gorgeous cover and I'm ready to begin this one right now!
- Asylum by Jeannette De Beauvoir - This is a Goodread's giveaway win that I then never read. What in the heck as I love the sound of this one?? I'm changing that this month though and finally knocking this book off of my TBR shelves. It sounds quite creepy and I am always in the mood for a good mystery.
- The Book of You by Claire Kendal - This is the review copy that I picked out to read this month that has been on my shelves now for WAY too long. I don't even know why I never read this one until now as it sounds like my type of book. I'm really looking forward to finally giving this book a try!
- Stolen by Carey Baldwin - Edelweiss review copy for an upcoming PICT book tour. My tour date is actually in February (though later in the month) so this will be my 1st e-book choice. I couldn't resist the opportunity to read this one after loving the previous book in this series last year. I'm anxious to get started!
- First Degree Mudder - This is the latest installment in one of my very favorite cozy mystery series. I'm been waiting to read this one for awhile now so I'm glad to finally add it to the pile. This is a NetGalley review copy and one that will count towards #COYER Blackout. I'm looking forward to getting back to these characters and catching up!
- Chasing Shadows by Karen Harper - NetGalley review copy (as are really all of the e-books on my list almost) and also the 1st in a new series. I read the description of this book and just knew that I had to read it. This author has been on my radar for awhile now so I'm excited to give her a try with this new book.
- No One Knows by J.T. Ellison - This book is on my radar thanks to the What Should I Read Next podcast (which is also becoming one of my favorites). She was talking about it and I was instantly intrigued. I've enjoyed this author in the past so I have high hopes for this book!
- Her Husband's Lover by Julia Crouch - I just read a really great review for this one and knew that I needed to move this book up my reading TBR list! I can't get enough of thrillers as of late and this book just sounds intense! I need it in my reading life for sure!
- Someone Else's Skin by Sarah Hilary - This is the 1st in a mystery series that I've been meaning to try for WAY too long. I've seen some rave reviews for it and I've no excuse on why I haven't yet read it. February is going to be an amazing month of reading if I get the chance to read half of these books and authors!
- Shadowed by Karen E. Olson - 2nd book in a series where I just loved book one. And yet I STILL haven't continued on with this series yet. I'm hoping to change that especially as I think the 3rd book is due to release soon (if it hasn't already).
- A Cast of Vultures by Judith Flanders - This book was recommended to me by the publisher and something about that cover is just calling my name. I like the sound of it even though it means I will be starting yet another series out of order. No worries, if I enjoy this one I will just go back to the beginning then. LOL!
What books are you hoping to reading in February? Is there any book here that you think I should read first? I hope that all of you have an amazing month of reading in February as well!