I have lots of thoughts this week about lots of different things. The blogging community in general has been a bit drama filled lately but as always my favorite bloggers are focusing more on the positive than the bad. It has been one of those countless times where I've reevaluated my goals and priorities as a blogger. A post for another time maybe? I really don't know as there are so many others that have said it better than I ever could. On the other hand I've been feeling completely inspired thanks to finding podcasts. What fun! I can listen while cleaning (yes I know others have figured this out long ago but I'm late as usual) and it makes it much more enjoyable. This should most likely be another post but I couldn't help mentioning how I excited I am about them. Recommendations are needed here though! Which podcasts are out there that shouldn't be missed??? Please share!
I woke up this morning ready to blog and with lots of different feelings on both of these possible posts but I just couldn't settle. I've decided to let them both simmer in my mind for now and instead finally share all of my lovely finds from my Valentine's trip to the used book store. I spent a lovely hour or so browsing my local used bookstore shelves and finding all kinds of gems that just HAD to come home with me.
- Play Dead by Harlan Coben - One of his older books. I've enjoyed every book that I've read by Coben so I'm sure this will be good.
- Leave the Grave Green by Deborah Crombie - 3rd in the Duncan Kincaid series and one of my favorite mystery series that I found last year.
- The Missing by Jane Casey - This is a standalone and by an author that I have really enjoyed previously.
- Brownies and Broomsticks by Bailey Cates - 1st in a cozy mystery series. The cover made me bring this one home.
- Trust Me by Brenda Novak - 1st in a trilogy...I think? It sounds both creepy and tense so I had to have it!
- Scarlet Devices by Delphine Dryden - 2nd book in a steampunk series that I've been wanting to start. Gorgeous cover!
- Heart of Darkness by Lauren Dane - 1st in an urban fantasy series that was highly recommended to me by another blogger.
- Gossamer Wing by Delphine Dryden - 1st in the same steampunk series as Scarlet Devices. So pumped to read both of them!
- Death's Daughter by Amber Benson - I picked this one up as I just finished a different book by this author and wanted to try her other series out.
- Saint's Gate by Carla Neggers - Romantic suspense and one that I've grabbed from the library multiple times.
- Here I Stay by Barbara Michaels - I will basically always buy Michael's books whenever I find them. I feel the need to own them all....see the title of this post for an explanation as to why :)
- Fireborn by Keri Arthur - 1st in another new to me series. My bookish addictions know no bounds.
These two are thanks to the publishers and were both unsolicited review copies. Monday's Lie is a thriller so I definitely want to read it! The Master isn't my usual type of read but since I really, really enjoyed a different book by this author I will be reading it as well. At least I haven't brought in as many review copies as last time that I shared. That's a start, right?
It is official: I have TOO many books! No more bookstore trips until I start getting my shelves under control. I may have an addiction but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't work on it. Time to actually read all of these books that I can't seem to stop buying. I can stay out of my used bookstore but I don't know that I can stay away from the library for too long. I'm going to have to be realistic and keep mixing up my reading. Review copies, library copies, and books from my own shelves....I have more than enough to keep my busy for a very long time!
Tell me, what books have you added to your shelves recently? Do you have a book addiction like me?? Are your shelves ridiculously out of control? Or better yet: which of these books should I read first? Do share!