Thursday, December 18, 2014

Something About You by Julie James (thoughts)

Romantic suspense is a genre that I'm always wanting to read more of and books like this are really why.  From a sizzling chemistry between two characters that can't stand each other at the beginning of the book to an intensely fast-paced mystery, I found myself hard-pressed to put this book down.

In this book, Cameron Lynde inadvertently becomes a witness to a murderer when a young woman is killed in the hotel room next to hers.  Forced to work with FBI agent Jack Pallas, she soon finds herself in danger from this elusive killer.  The two of them have a shared history of working together though and their past isn't a good one.  Can Cameron remember enough details from that evening to help identify the killer before he finds her?

Let me tell you from the beginning that I am a sucker romances where the main characters start off either disliking or hating each other.  It gets me every single time!  This book had me from the very beginning then as Cameron and Jack have no good feeling towards one another and are very antagonistic towards working together.   This slow building romance was exactly what I was looking for as they were forced to put aside their mutual feelings of dislike in the pursuit of finding the killer.  It was fun watching them work through their misunderstandings and especially fun to watch them try to fight the attraction/chemistry that they were feeling.  It always makes it that much better when they finally come together and quit fighting their feelings.  It was definitely worth the wait and left me eager to see them find their happy every after.

The mystery/suspense portion of this book was well done as I had a very hard time putting this book down.  The author did a very nice job of keeping me on my toes just waiting to see what was going to happen next. I'm looking forward to reading more of this author's books and am even more excited to see that this is the first book in a series.  Woohoo!  The ending wrapped up everything very nicely and kept me on my toes until the very last page.  I stayed up past my bedtime finishing this one which is never a bad thing (until the next morning that is).

Overall, this was one of those books that just clicked for me in all of the right ways.  I loved the chemistry between the two main characters, was intrigued by the storyline, and didn't want to the book to end.  This is definitely one of the best romantic suspense reads that I've come across in awhile.  Luckily enough I have many more of this author's books to look forward to, and I will definitely be continuing on with this series.  Highly recommended but especially to romance fans!

Bottom Line:  A book that hit all the right spots for me and a romance that I found myself caught up in.

Disclosure:  I checked a copy of this book out from my local library.  Thoughts are my own!

7 comments:

  1. I've got book #1 of her FBI/attorney series that I haven't read yet, so I hope it's as good as yours. Great review !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not familiar with this author at all, but you sure do make this book sound good. I will have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Julie James' books! I'm glad this book is another great read as well. I've yet to read this but I sure will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, I'm glad you enjoyed this romance! I hope you're enjoying the holiday season with your adorable family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I like Julie James. I wasn't wild about her most recent book, but most of her books I've really, really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read my first Julie James (won't be my last) book a couple of months ago. This one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you've been having a great holiday season! I do like the occasional romantic suspense novel so I'll have to add this on my list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)