Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Sunday Post #5 (Holiday Weekend Edition)

"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme"

Good morning everyone!  I'm on the last day of a four day weekend which has been just wonderful.  Lots of family time, decorating for Christmas, and even a little bit of reading here and there equals out to a great weekend!  I haven't gotten a lot of reading time in within the last couple of weeks though due to preparing for the holidays but that is what happens sometimes.  Tonight is the mid-season finale for The Walking Dead and I'm super nervous/excited to see how it all plays out.  Eek!  Other than that, I don't have a lot to share this morning.  I'm working on coming up with my final reading pile for December, and I want to read ALL of the books before the end of the year.  I'm not sure that it is going to work out that way but I do know that at this point my list is a bit ridiculous.  There are just too many books that I really want to read right now!

Here are the books that I have finished since my last reading update:


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling was a reread for the Harry Potter read-a-long that Sheila from Book Journey is hosting.  It was just as fun as I remembered it to be which leaves me excited to get started on the next book. 

Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep was also a reread so that I can FINALLY continue on with this series.  It was just as good as I remembered which is why I am clueless as to why I never continued on.  I have the second book ready to go though and this book will definitely be on my December reading pile! 

I'm currently reading the following books:


Burn For Me has been one of those books that I wanted to read as soon as I heard about it.  I just started it last night so I haven't formed an opinion yet.  It sure sounds really good!  I'm almost finished with The Kill List and it is getting really good!  I'm reading this one as part of a TLC book tour so my thoughts will be posted soon.  I'm also still working on It by Stephen King which is getting really good.  This is such a dark book though so I read it in spurts here and there.  It will be on the December pile as well since there is no way I will finish it before then. 

That's enough out of me for today as I need to go focus on my laundry piles to get ready for the upcoming week.  I'll be stopping by and visiting blogs later today.  I hope that everyone has had a relaxing weekend as well.  Tell me, what are you reading on this rainy Sunday?

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Burn for Me rocked, I am planning to listen to Estep's series but not before I finish Kate Daniels. Hope your week is delightful Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say just take December completely off from all responsibilities and just read. That works, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like Burn For Me as much as I did! Glad you had a wonderful weekend. Hard to believe that it is December already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My reading has been slow given the school holidays and everything. Like you, I've a list of books to read but I'm not sure if I could even get 1/3 of them read before the year ends, lol. Still, we can always try, right? ;)

    Hope you've a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to reread the Happy Potter series. I miss the characters. Happy reading ♥

    WeeklyWrap@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimba- I should really work on finishing series before I start new ones but I can't seem to do it. LOL! Seriously, I tell myself I am going to focus on one series and then I just get distracted. I think that I have two books left and I am caught up with the Kate Daniel's series....I think :)

    Stephanie- YES! That is exactly what we should all do. Read and relax and nothing else, right???

    Nise- I just finished Burn For Me and I WANT MORE! Oh my goodness but I cannot wait for the next book. I will read anything/everything that Andrews writes at this point!

    Melody- We can certainly try! That is the fun part. I have 11 books left to meet my Goodread's goal of eighty books. I don't think that I will hit it but I am having fun making a list of possibilities if I could.

    Nyze- I just adore the Harry Potter series and love to reread it as well. I actually just picked up the second book from the library as I loaned my copy out and never got it back :( Bummer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)