Sunday, November 2, 2014

November Reading Plans (2014)


Good morning everyone!  The last couple of months have been pretty spotty for me blog wise but I'm hoping everything will settle down here now that the colder months are upon us.  I love how the colder weather makes me want to snuggle in with a great book so I'm hoping to do just that all month long!  Here is the pile of books on my nightstand that I am hoping to curl up with:
  • Aftershock by Jill Sorenson - I've wanted to read this one since it first came out but never actually took the time to read it.  I love a good romantic suspense AND some of my trusted romance bloggers I follow have rec'd it.  Must read for this month!
  • Chained by Night by Larissa Ione - Review copy and one that I'm looking forward to since I really enjoyed the first book in this series.  I have high hopes for this one!
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - Reread (of course).  I am participating in the Harry Potter read-a-long that Sheila from Book Journey is hosting (I just need to sign up. LOL!).  This time of the year just feels perfect to dive back into this world!  I'm pumped :)
  • It by Stephen King - Two years ago I started this book for a read-a-long and then let it go back to the library unfinished.  I've been kicking myself for not really giving it a go every since then.  I have now decided to go back and finally read this book for real.  I'm a complete wimp when it comes to clowns but I just HAVE to read this book.  So this one is my main reading goal for the month!
  • Banishing The Dark by Jenn Bennett - I'm ready to see how this urban fantasy series ends!  I have loved each book but it is time to finally finish it up.  I will admit to having high expectations since this series has been so good so far!
  • One Potion in the Grave by Heather Blake - 2nd book in a cozy mystery series that I have been waiting impatiently for.  I really liked the first book even though I don't think I every shared my thoughts on book one.  Ugh!  I'm looking forward to this one though!
  • Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson - Reread (and my current read).  I started to read the second book and realized that it had been too long since I had read this one.  I couldn't remember key details and decided it would be better to reread this one first.  So far this book is just as good as I remembered....
  • They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire - Okay, I picked this one up based off of that creepy cover alone!  How could I not want to read it?!?  It sounds like my kind of book and fits in with my goal of reading more YA books.
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Yes, I am definitely the last person ever to read these books.  I've decided since the third and final movie is releasing in the near future to finally see what all of the hype is about with this trilogy.  Besides, I have the first movie just waiting for me but I won't watch it until I finally read this book :)
  • The Paris Winter by Imogen Robertson - Review copy and a book that just feels like it will be a great read for the colder weather.  I've been wanting to try this author for a long time now so I'm excited to crack this one open.  
I am so pumped up for each of these books.  Maybe I will have an AMAZING month of reading and finish all of these (a girl can hope...).  I'm sure I will add a few others to the pile of possibilities (like any of my other library books that I currently have checked out).  Now I'm off to go clean house and get ready for the day but tell me:  What books are you hoping to read this month??

6 comments:

  1. It!! I'm sure you're really tired of me telling you how good it is. :) I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started back into reading romance a couple years ago and don't know that I've found my way to a romantic suspense book yet! Are there any that you would particularly recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, don't be too hard on yourself. You are very busy! This is a great stack of books though, and I am sure you're more than eager to find some good reading time. I also have It, which I need to read! I hope the clown part is not too scary. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a lovely haul there! I'm definitely going for IT by Stephen King! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite a stack! I wonder how much the hype machine surrounding the Hunger Games books will affect your reading experience. I enjoyed the movie more than I expected to, actually -- that Jennifer Lawrence is a pretty good actress. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a wonderful reading month too, Samantha! I have only read Hunger Games from your list. I liked it, but didn't love it. I loved the movies though--so far. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)