Saturday, April 19, 2014

Library Loot - April Edition


As if I didn't have enough books that I wanted to read this month, I went holds crazy at the library about a week ago.  Of course they all came in at once as holds usually tend to do.  These are all going to be unofficially added to my April reading plans because why not?  I'm super excited about all of these for various reasons.  Here is what I picked up:
  • Mark of the Witch by Maggie Shayne - I'm in the mood for some paranormal romance and this has been on my TBR list since it first came out.  I am more than ready to finally give it a try!
  • Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn - I picked this one up thanks to another blogger who had this great post about if you like this type of book, try this with recommendations.  This was one of her recommendations for unreliable narrators and I couldn't resist.  Sadly, I have no clue whose blog this post was on or I would share with you.
  • The Walking Dead, Volume 4: The Heart's Desire by Robert Kirkman - The last volume left off on a bit of a cliff hanger so I instantly requested this one from the library!
  • The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood - Oh my goodness, I added this one to my TBR list when I saw Stephen King tweet about it.  Then I read the premise and it became a must read!  I cannot wait to read this one as it sounds super creepy!
  • Omens by Kelley Armstrong-  Remember when I said I want to read some chunkier books soon.  Well, this will definitely fit and I have also had this one on my TBR list since before it came out. 
 Don't these all look great?  Which one would you read first if you had to choose?  This weekend I'm currently reading Under a Silent Moon by Elizabeth Haynes.  Good so far but I've just begun.  I'm also really starting to get into Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells.  Finally!  Sometimes my reading suffers a bit when I read on my ipad.  Just too many other distractions :)  I'm off to get my house clean and laundry started.

I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! You have so many good-sounding books to choose from! I wouldn't know where to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armstrong's new series is on my tbr. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter!
    How awesome isn't your library

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Walking Dead graphic novels are SO GOOD. I need to hurry up and read the rest of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you watch The Walking Dead? I wonder how closely the books follow the TV show. I haven't watched the show and wonder if I should read or watch first! Happy Easter Sam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd knock out the Walking Dead first, if it were me. I always read my comics first when a bunch of holds get in at the library all at once -- I have this anxiety that I won't be able to renew the comics if I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some great loot here! I've been hearing about that Alex Marwood book and I can't wait to get my hands on it! Enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to add Charm & Strange to my library reserve list...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suko- I kind of want to read them all RIGHT NOW! :)

    Linda- I've been wanting to read that one since it first came out but especially now since the 2nd book is coming out soon.

    Blodeuedd- I hope you had a great Easter too! I LOVE my library system! They make it entirely too easy to get all of the books that I want to read.

    Steph- I am loving reading the graphic novel series. It is so fun to see how different they are from the television series. I CANNOT wait for October and season 5 to finally begin!

    Trish- Yes, I am a huge fan of the show! Honestly, I would watch the show first and then go to the graphic novels but that is just my opinion. I really think you should watch it (because I love it so) but be warned that it is addictive :) You will have to let me know if you give it a try!

    Jenny- That is my plan! Plus the last comic left off on a cliff hanger so I NEED to know what happens next :)

    Iliana- I am really looking forward to that one as well! Plus, King recommended it himself so how could I now want to read it???

    Denise- I hadn't heard of it till that blog post but I am really looking forward to it myself! It sure sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)