I have such fun creating a pile of books that I want to read each month. Even though I didn't follow my pile as closely in March, I couldn't resist picking out books that I wanted to read in April. This month is going to be busy, busy as soccer, t-ball, and baseball are all beginning but I still want to read all of the books. I'm just going to have to work a bit harder to fit them all in. I think that it is completely doable if I just skip the whole sleeping thing. Kidding! I need my sleep or else :) Here are the books that I'm hoping to read in April:
- Crooked House by Agatha Christie - Off of my shelves and because I have a goal to read all of her books. It might help if I actually read one of her books to meet this goal!
- Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire - I seem to hoard her books without reading them. I adored her zombie series (Mira Grant) but have yet to begin this urban fantasy series by her. That shall all change this month when I finally read this one. Also off of my own shelves.
- The Rose Cottage by Mary Stewart - I've been meaning to read more by Stewart every since I finished (and loved) This Rough Magic by her. Considering that was two years ago it is beyond time that I took this one off of my bookshelves.
- Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams - First in a cozy mystery series that I've been wanting to try. I'm on a mystery kick this year so I can't wait to read this one. This is a library pick.
- Something About You by Julie James - I've been in the mood for a good romance and I believe that this one is romantic suspense. Yes! I cannot wait to finally give this author a try. This one is also from my local library.
- Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men by Molly Harper - I found the first book in this series to be a fun read but then I never continued on with it. It is WAY beyond time for me to finally read this second book. Plus, it is a review copy that has been languishing on my shelves. Time to change that!
- Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett - Review copy and second book in this urban fantasy series. I loved the first book so I'm not waiting to pick this one up. I cannot wait!
- Under a Silent Moon by Elizabeth Haynes - This is for a TLC book tour and one that I'm been anticipating for awhile now. The author's first book Into the Darkest Corner was such an intense thriller...I have high expectations for this one!
- The Walking Dead, Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars by Robert Kirkman - I'm going to need something to fill in the gaps after the season finale of the show so I'm planning to continue on with the comics while I wait. This one just came in for me at the library.
- The Book of You by Claire Kendal - This is a review copy and sounds like a disturbing thriller. I'm really looking forward to seeing what it is all about!
Dark Witch by Nora Roberts - Instantly went on my TBR list as soon as I heard about it. I've read mixed reviews but I still want to give this one a try. It is finally in for me at the library after waiting for about a month on the holds list.
The Girl Who Disappeared Twice by Andrea Kane - Thanks to a TLC book tour I read the 3rd book in this series first. I'm ready to go back to the first one and start at the beginning. This book is also waiting for me at the library.
Okay, that is WAY more books than I can possibly read in one month. Oh well, it is fun trying! I have so many books on this list that I cannot wait to read. I don't know how I will choose what to read first. Any suggestions? I think that April may turn out to be my best month of reading yet!
What books are you hoping to read in April?