(My family and I this past weekend up at the boat cookout with my parents.)
- We spent this past weekend up on my parent's houseboat for their annual marina cookout. It is always lots of fun and this year was no exception. Good food, music, activities for the kids, and a few adult beverages were the way I spent my weekend so I have absolutely no complaints.
- Except for the fact that I wore a sweatshirt almost all weekend long! In July??? This is unheard of. I'm 98% sure that this was the coldest weekend that we've ever spent up on the boat in what is supposed to be the dog days of summer. Since we are going up again this weekend I have hopes that it gets a bit warmer before Friday.
- It's official: I have both a fifth grader and a kindergartener this year :/ Where did the time go? No seriously, where did it go? I'm not ready for my baby girl to be in kindergarten but boy is she ready. She is super excited although her focus is on making friends and not all of the fun stuff that she will be learning. This doesn't really surprise me so we will see what I'm in for :)
- Not only have I registered the older two for school but I've also signed them up for football/soccer. Soccer will be the first sport that my daughter has ever participated in so she is super excited. And this is the first year when my oldest plays with the "big boys" in tackle. He played tackle last year but it was a different age group (and probably not quite as serious). This year should be lots of fun to watch!
- In bookish news my reading slowed down to a dribble last week. Obviously I've got a lot going on but really.....no books finished?? Luckily I finished up Crimson Wind yesterday which was a super good follow up to Bitter Night. But the ending was a cliff hanger and now I need to get to book three as soon as possible!!
- I'm undecided still on whether or not to finish reading The Last Victim by Karen Robards. For now I think that I'm going to let it go back to the library unfinished. I'm just not sure if I will ever go back to it or not but if I'm being honest then probably not. Since it is rare for me to not finish a book I've even been considering writing up a DNF post. We will see...