Monday, July 15, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 15th)

It's Monday! is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey and states:

"Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!"

Good morning my lovely readers!  I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend!  I definitely did even though as always it went by way too fast.  I've said this a couple of times recently but I have been a bit absent around the blog as of late especially when it comes to visiting/commenting on other blogs.  It sucks but it is probably going to stay this way for a bit longer as my Kindle died last week.  Ugh!  I was so bummed but what can you do??  The damn thing tries to turn on but won't get past the starting point.  Makes me a bit crazy so I've put it up for awhile.  Seeing as that was the main way I read most of your blogs (yes, I know it was meant for books but...) I may seem more quiet than usual.  My birthday is coming up in a few months so I'm going to wait patiently until then before I get a new reader.  The only positive is that with less distractions I've been a reading machine!  Seriously, since I last shared with all of you I have finished four books.  FOUR BOOKS!  I'm so impressed with myself :)  Here is what I've been reading:


Blackout by Mira Grant was just as AMAZING as I hoped.  I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to write up a coherent review of this book but be warned that gushing will ensue!

Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis was cute and a fun read.  It didn't knock my socks off (but I blame Blackout for that) but I'm so glad that I finally read it.  I'm looking forward to reading the 2nd book soon.   


The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz was a crazy but delightful read.  This book had me cracking up at times and I'm eager to see what future hijinks Isabel can get herself into.  I pulled this one off of my own shelves (I'm so proud), and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner!

Finally, The Hunter by Monica McCarty was a historical romance that read just the way I like.  Hot chemistry between the two main characters kept me turning the pages way too fast and I was sad to see it end.  Thank goodness that I have the first 5 or 6 books of this series to enjoy next.

I'm currently reading the following book:


I love me some Barbara Michaels and I was delighted to find this one at our local Goodwill.  Since my shelves are currently overflowing I decided to start with this one.  And speaking of my shelves....look what else I picked up at the buy one book, get one free sale while I was at Goodwill:









How could I resist all of this wonderfulness???  I couldn't I tell you!  It makes me feel better to tell you that at least half of these will be going to my sister for her to read first the next time she is in town.  But considering that my shelves are now seriously sagging I'm going to have to put myself on a book buying ban.  For real!  (This does not count my library books...just saying)  Enough out of me though!

Happy Monday and Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. Sam, I've enjoyed reading Outlander and Eat,Pray,Love. I hope you enjoy each of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kindle died? omg! I didn't think it was possible. I will definitely check out Black Out and The Hunter. Have a great week!

    My Linky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not good that your kindle died! But you sure do have a good load of books here. I've got a few of these on my kindle that I haven't read yet. You know I keep promising myself that I will read the Outlander series and one of these years I will. Lol. So glad you liked The Hunter too. I'm going to start from the beginning with at series now. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Agatha Christie. I have Fly Away by Kristen Hannah to read.

    ENJOY your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outlander! Me too! Well--maybe a month or two after the baby comes. ;) The only other one I've read is Eat, Pray, Love (twice!) and I liked it. Would be curious to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suko, I'm looking forward to reading both of those! Outlander is such a big book that it is going to take me a bit but I'm super excited to read it!

    Jackie- Yes, I didn't think it was possible either but sadly it is true. I'm waiting until my birthday before I get a new one but needless to say I was NOT a happy camper! Boo!

    Darlene- These books were definitely book therapy after my reader went kaput! I can't wait to go back the beginning of the McCarty series because The Hunter was so good!

    Elizabeth- I love, love, love Agatha Christie too! I'm going to try and read all of her books as a personal goal. I'm a huge fan of old mysteries like this :)

    Trish- Maybe we will get the chance to read it together. It is one of those books that I probably should have read on my reader because it is so big but I couldn't resist when I saw it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)