Saturday, July 7, 2012

May and June in Review 2012


Baby steps to getting back into the blogging world. Baby steps. I know that I haven't been absent for a long period of time but the last couple of months have been VERY hit or miss with me in regards to books and blogging. I have over 11 books awaiting review so reading isn't my problem. Finding the time to blog and comment is. And I know that I've been saying (for the past few months) that I'm going to be making some changes around here, but I haven't found the time for that either. I've decided to just shuck everything off for the rest of the summer. No pressure, no worrying, no feeling bad if I can't find the time to comment on all the posts that I want to. I'm not going to worry about what books I feel like I "should" be reading and am instead going to read whatever I want to. I'm not going to worry in general. I'm planning on taking the rest of the summer easy and just relaxing. Maybe less pressure on myself will turn things around. So with that being said....let's see if I can actually stick to it :)

On to the books! May was a pretty weak month of reading for me. According to my reading list and Goodreads, I only read 3 books in the month of May. Life gets in the way sometimes and I have a feeling that I spent a good majority of my time on the computer that month. Darn you Twitter! Here is what I read in May:






My favorite book of the month would have to be Salvation in Death by J.D. Robb if I had to pick one. They were all really good reads though and the other two books are series that I will be continuing on with. In June, I had a much better month of reading and was able to finish 5 books. I read the following books in June:







Favorite read for the month of June was definitely The Stranger You Seek by Amanda Kyle Williams. I didn't realize when I was reading it that it was the beginning of a series and now I'm really excited to continue on. All of the rest of the books were pretty solid reads as well except Blue Dahlia which was only okay for me.

All in all, it was once again two solid months of reading when it comes to enjoyment levels even though the quantity wasn't quite there. Now I'm going to take some baby steps and get myself back into blogging. And commenting because that is another thing I've been horrible at. Hope everyone is beating the heat lately!!!! And because I can't resist adding to the TBR list a bit...what was your favorite read of June??

6 comments:

  1. Sam, your kids need you, so put them before blogging. They are so adorable! And enjoy your reading, which can be hard to fit in with little ones (maybe after they're tucked in their beds for the night)....I'm not sure what my favorite June read was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kiddies are just too cute! Enjoy your summer Sam, kids grow too fast and time is precious.
    I used to read J.D. Robb books and I enjoyed them. I read Blue Dahlia a while back but wasn't thrilled. My fav read of June was The Secret Keeper: A Novel of Kateryn Parr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo! It looks like they are having a fun summer. :-) I like your idea for the summer--just take it as it comes, I say. And have fun!

    I really want to go back and start at the beginning of Louise Penny's series, given I started with the most recent book. I loved it so much. I love the cover of The Stranger You Seek. I'll have to add that book to my wish list.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be so hard to find time to read, blog, and comment on a consistent basis because of those lovely three kiddos you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suko- I usually find time to read throughout the day when my kids are occupied doing other things and especially when they are all asleep! They keep me busy but it always fun!!

    Naida- I wasn't thrilled over Blue Dahlia either. I haven't yet decided if I'll read the other two books in the trilogy. I'm adding The Secret Keeper to my TBR list so thanks!!!

    Literary Feline- We are definitely having a fun summer! Busy...but fun :) I've got one of Penny's books that is further on in the series on my shelves which is why I grabbed the 1st book from the library. I really hate starting series out of order especially when they are mysteries. You'll have to let me know if you read this one at some point!

    Staci- It is VERY hard to find the time...and sometimes it can be easy. I always feel like I am behind in blogging and commenting because I just don't find the time to do either as much. But I usually don't let it stress me out too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo nice to see Salvation in Death a favorite. I read the first chapter or two of it the other night and plan to finish it this month. Slowly but surely I am catching up to Nora! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)