Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Strangers in Death by J.D. Robb (thoughts)

Summary from Goodreads:

"Technology may be different in 2060 New York, yet the city is still a place of many cultures and great divides. But as ever, some murders receive more attention than others-especially those in which the victim is a prominent businessman, found in his Park Avenue apartment, tied to the bed-and strangled- with cords of black velvet.

It doesn't surprise Lieutenant Eve Dallas that Thomas Anders's scandalous death is a source of titillation and speculation to the public-and of humiliation to his family. But while people in the city are talking about it, those close to Anders aren't so anxious to do the same. With some help from her billionaire husband, Roarke, Eve's soon knocking on doors-or barging through them-to find answers."

My Thoughts:

After so many books in this series, a reader might think that the books would start to get repetitive or the mysteries might become a little bit....dare I say substandard?? Thank goodness that isn't the case with this series though because with each book I get further and further drawn into this series. It is almost like visiting old friends when I read these books and I'm seriously considering going back to the beginning and rereading all of them (if I ever catch up with the series that is). What I liked about this book is that the entire time I was reading it I had a suspect in mind but I couldn't figure out how he or she had committed the crime. It kept me guessing the entire time that I was reading which always makes for a fast read. Robb has a talent for taking a classic mystery idea and spinning it on its' head while fitting it into her futuristic world. I also liked that we got to see a big change for two of the secondary characters..I was super excited about it (without being too spoilery) The growth in all of the characters is another thing that I adore about this series :)

Overall this was another great addition to one of my favorite series! Every book is fresh and filled with suspense which is exactly what I have to come to expect from this author. I'm looking forward to reading the next book and hopefully going back to reread them all! This is a series that I will keep recommending over and over again! Highly recommended!

(Edited to add) Disclosure: This book came from my shelves and was a gift from a friend!

5 comments:

  1. I really need to get back to this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying this series so much Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to rad this series and I know I would love it. It's pretty cool that it is still strong so many books into the series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series, but I definitely get how it feels to get sucked into a series that keeps getting better. I have a few series that never seem to get old for me and I look forward to returning to that world every time I reread one of the books or a new one comes out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one book behind you! I'm a few pages in Creation in Death. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)