I've been in the mood lately for the creepy, atmospheric novels that draw you in and don't let go. So I was more than happy to see that Carl is once again hosting the RIP challenge as it is the perfect way to greet fall and the change of weather. There are multiple ways to participate in this challenge but the main things are
1. To have fun and
2. To add to your reading lists :)
which I already have been as I've been pouring over everyone else's lists. I'm so excited now that I cannot wait to begin and plan to read as many books as I can!
Needless to say I'm signing up for Peril the 1st which requires the reader to read 4 books from any subgenre including suspense, gothic, horror, and more... I don't even have to make up a list which is always a good thing when I am concerned for challenges but I have made a reading pool to use to help me out. I'm a bit overly excited though which means I have a notebook page filled with options so I'm not going to share all of my reading pool with you...just a select few. Here are some of the books I'll be choosing from:
- The Lady in the Lake by Raymond Chandler
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- The Sister by Poppy Adams
- The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K. Hamilton
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
- The Last Sister by Megan Kelley Hall
There are so many books that I want to get to...plus, I cannot wait to see what everyone else reads! My library checkouts are going to be out of the roof but I'm already one happy camper :) If you have any suggestions of other books I should check out (especially a good gothic novel or ghost story) then feel free to leave it in the comment section.