Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Library Loot- August 12th

Hosted by Eva at A Striped Armchair and Marg at Reading Adventures. We share what we each picked up at the library during the week.

I did good at the library this week as I took back two books read (Blindness and Iron Kissed) and only brought 4 books back home. And as an added bonus I've already reviewed Blindness which just doesn't happen...seriously, I'm still almost thirty reviews behind with no hopes of catching up anytime soon. Anyways, here is what I took home from the library this week:





Kissing Sin by Keri Arthur- 2nd in the Riley Jensen series and one that I am looking forward to. It has been awhile since I read the first book but I'm hoping the series is as good as I remember.



Vanish With The Rose by Barbara Michaels- I picked this one up because I was in the mood for a creepy, atmospheric read after the huge thunderstorm last night and after reading Amy's review of Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. I've read Be Buried In The Rain by this author and really enjoyed it. (BTW-I don't have the audio version but this is what the cover of my book looks like so I used it)



Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs- So the other day I was thinking about possibly writing a post on all of the series I read and the fact that I'm only caught up on a few of them...and I was thinking how nice it would be if I read this book and caught up on this series. It was like karma when I saw this book waiting for me on the shelf at the library :P



The Night Watch by Sarah Waters- Had to give this author a try...that's the only excuse I have.





So that is my loot for this week. I'm still currently reading The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale and am SO glad that I picked it up finally. I love it so far!! Share your thoughts on any of these if you've read them....

11 comments:

  1. I have got to read some Sarah Waters too!! I keep debating on which book I should get. All of them sound really good.

    I read the first 2 books of the Patricia Briggs, Mercy Thompson series and loved them. I have Iron Crossed (that is the 3rd book, right?) at home. Still haven't found the time to pick it up.

    Looks like you got some great reads ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to read Briggs, she sounds good. Enjoy the book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Sarah Waters! I hope you enjoy The Night Watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up that same Waters book from my library sale for a buck!! You've got some great reads going on there!! Enjoy and relax about feeling behind...just read and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great loot Sam! I love Patricia Briggs and Keri Arthur. I'd really love to hear what you think of The Night Watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Night Watch was a good book - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You remind me what an wonderful resource my public library is--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie- I debated on which Waters' book to pick up but since this one was the only one on the shelf...well, that was my deciding factor :) I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Iron Crossed when you get to it.

    Blodeuedd- I really enjoy her Mercy Thompson series and am planning on reading her other series soon.

    Nymeth- You are the reason that I picked this book up...well, one of the reasons. You made this book sound so good in your review that really, I couldn't resist!

    Staci- A buck!!! Nice score..that is why I love library book sales :)

    Kimberly- I'm sure you are probably current on both of these series...I'm glad to hear that you still enjoy them!

    JoAnn- Thanks!

    Suko- Anytime :) If you haven't noticed, I'm a bit of a library addict!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sam,

    The new Patricia Briggs is not part of the Mercedes Thompson series. It's part of the Alpha and Omega series (Short Story in the 'On the Prowl' anthology and then 'Cry Wolf')

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kailiana- Thanks for letting me know...I had went and looked the book up on Amazon and figured it out. But I'm still excited about it as I have both the book with short story and the first book waiting for me on my shelf. Thanks again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Night Watch, but have not read it yet. Enjoy your books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)