Woohoo! A new week and more new books from the library. You gotta love it :) I had the rare opportunity of going to the library by myself (a luxury for sure) this week which is why I picked up a few more than usual. Don't ask me how I am going to read all of these as I haven't quite figured that one out for myself. It still didn't stop me though so here they are:
- The World Without Us by Alan Weisman- I've been hearing about this one all over the internet and couldn't resist. Yay!
- Hold My Hand by Serena Mackesy- Look what you can find when you actually browse through the books. The back of the book has it likened to "a modern day Rebecca" so I couldn't resist.
- Call of the Highland Moon by Kendra Leigh Castle- I accidentally read the 2nd one in this series and LOVED it so I'm going back to the first one.
- Glass Houses by Rachel Caine- 1st in a series and YA challenges
- "A Problem From Hell" America and the Age of Genocide by Samantha Power- This is for the World Citizen challenge and I can't wait to crack this one open.
- Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner- Another browsing find.
I totally scored on library books this week :) I'm almost halfway thru The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison. I'm enjoying it so far but I'm kinda waiting for the shoe to drop. You know it is a sad story...it basically tells you that in the first few pages and I'm just waiting till I get there. It is a really good read so far and I can't believe that this is the first book that I've read by this author. That is it out of until next week. If you wanna play along, click on the picture and it will take you to Eva's post.