Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Sunday Salon- Classics

Good morning everyone! Today finds me halfway through The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It is such an interesting book to read especially now that Esther is starting to go down a disturbing path of mental illness. I know that this story is fictional but I've been wondering how much Plath based this book off of her own life. There is a foreword in my copy of the book that talks about Plath's life and as I read the book I feel like there are some similarities. I think when I'm finished I will reread the foreword again. I'm glad that I'm finally taking the time to read this book as I've wanted to read it for awhile now.
In other book-related news, I finished Dark Highland Fire by Kendra Leigh Castle this week for a review book. I loved it!!! I'm not sure if this book just hit me at the right time but I was enthralled with it and I'm not a huge romance person. Awesome book but I think that there was a book before this one that I'm now going to have to find and check out. That's it for me now so I'll check out everyone's blogs later today. Have a great reading week!!

4 comments:

  1. I have wanted to read The Bell Jar for ages and I still haven't. I'll be watching for your review of it when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar- I just finished and really enjoyed it which seems weird to say as it was such a dark book. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had The Bell Jar on my shelf for a few years now. For some reason I've been a little intimidated by it, but your review is really encouraging! Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish- I was intimidated by it as well but I'm glad I finally took the time to read it. I'll post my entire review soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)