Saturday, March 1, 2008

Conspiracy In Death by J.D. Robb

For the next story in this series, Eve is up against a serial killer who may also be one of the city's leading surgeons. When she catches the case of a dead sidewalk sleeper, she comes across a mystery with political ties as well as a cop who hates her guts for apparently no reason. For some reason, Eve is coming across multiple crime cases with sloppy police work, political pressure for her to shut down the case, and worst of all smears to her own record. Can she solve the case before someone else stops her???
Another great mystery by this author. (I ALWAYS rave about this series, don't I?) It is a favorite of mine and truth be told I think that I am going to have to break down and buy ALL of the books in this series. I LOVE them that much!! Anyways--this one kept me turning the pages as fast as I could while I worried about Eve. We definitely get to see a side of her that we haven't seen before PLUS we get to see Roarke and Eve's relationship growing even stronger. I'm going to go off on a tangent here BUT I think that what makes these books so good is that Robb (Roberts) has a way of getting the reader emotionally attached to the characters in these stories. I love all of the old characters but also enjoy the new characters that she throws into the mix (an example would be Louise Dimatto for this book). Good book and of course I RECOMMEND this series!!
Challenges: A-Z Challenge ("C" Title)
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)