I thought it would be fun (and a nice change of pace) to share some of the recent books that I've checked out from the library. I've been mostly posting book reviews lately and wanted to change it up a bit - maybe breathe a little bit of fresh life into the blog, you know? I've been putting holds on at the library nonstop since curbside opened up. I may or may not have WAY TOO many books currently checked out right now but it feels so good! Here are just a few of the books that I've got waiting to be read:
- The Eighth Girl by Maxine Mei-Fung Chung - This book features a protagonist with multiple personalities and is labeled as a thriller. That's really all I needed to know....how could I possibly resist that premise?!? I couldn't so this one instantly went on to the holds list.
- The Mountains Wild by Sarah Stewart Taylor - The cover is one of the things that first caught my eye with this book I'm not going to lie. I also can't resist a new detective series so this one instantly was on my radar. But what sealed the deal is when this author was compared to Tana French - SIGN ME UP! That's all they really needed to say.
- No Going Back by Sheena Kamal - This is the 3rd book in the Nora Watts series. I've been impatiently waiting for this book every since finishing the 2nd one (especially with the way it ended). This has fast become a favorite series of mine so I won't be waiting long to pick this one up. I NEED to know what is going to happen next!
- I'll Never Tell by Catherine McKenzie - This book has been on my radar since last year when it released. The setting features a summer camp which fits with the summer vibes we have going. I am loving the idea of reading a thriller set in the heat of summer so let's hope this book fits the bill.
I've got SO many other books checked out including the following:
- You Let Me In by Camilla Bruce
- The Good House by Tananarive Due
- Take Me Apart by Sara Sligar
- The Majesties by Tiffany Tsao
- My Sister's Bones by Nuala Ellwood
and some more but I'm sure you get the point by now. I obviously have no shelf control. How many of you are shaking your head at me? Or is that just me? I have SUCH great reading ahead of me! There is every chance that I won't get through the majority of these but the fun is in trying. June was just a so-so month for me reading/numbers wise. Let's hope that July turns out to be absolutely amazing!
What book or books have you checked out from the library lately?
I'm delighted that you have a bunch of books checked out from the library. Not a bad thing at all and during these odd times, we each can read whatever appeals most to us. I think that 'musts' and 'shoulds' don't really apply with reading, but this year - we all get some grace and extra reading time and we should make it fun! Enjoy!! By the way, several of them are either on my TBR or I already own them. I think the only one I've read is I'll Never Tell. Want to read McKenzie's new one which is just out. :-)ReplyDelete
I love library hauls and you've got some really interesting looking books there! I have no shelf control either and that's the fun of the library I think. You can pick up a bunch and take some chances. The McKenzie book especially looks intriguing.ReplyDelete