Monday, April 13, 2020

When You See Me by Lisa Gardner (thoughts)

Summary from Goodreads:

"FBI Special Agent Kimberly Quincy and Sergeant Detective DD Warren have built a task force to follow the digital bread crumbs left behind by deceased serial kidnapper Jacob Ness. And when a disturbing piece of evidence comes to light, they decide to bring in Flora Dane who has personal experience of being imprisoned by Ness.

Their investigations take them to a small town deep in the hills of Georgia where something seems to be deeply wrong.

What at first seems like a Gothic eeriness soon hardens into something much more sinister as they discover that for all the evil Jacob committed while alive, his worst secret is still to be revealed.

Quincy and DD must summon their considerable skills and experience to crack the most disturbing case of their careers - and Flora must face her own past directly in the hope of saving others."

My Thoughts:

Books and series like this are why I love reading so much!  I started reading this series in the middle with the 1st book that introduced Flora Dane's character.  This is now the 4th book that I've read by this author and each book has been a five star read for me!  That's amazing!  I will say that while you don't have to read this series in order (as I haven't), I would recommend starting where I did with book #8 which is titled Find Her.  It's a good place in this series to start if you aren't willing to go all the way back to book one like I plan on doing.  Lisa Gardner has become one of my go to authors at this point.  I will be reading everything and anything she writes!  But back to this book - I picked this one up because with everything going on in the current world I needed an author I could trust and a book that would sweep me away.  That is exactly what this book did!  I finished this book in about two days because I just could not set my kindle down.  I was absolutely hooked by the entire book!  The thing about this series is that I have really come to care for DD and Flora's characters for a variety of reasons.  This is the 1st book that I've read featuring Kimberly Quincy (she may have been in the previous books I've read but just didn't play a main role like she did in this one - I can't remember for sure).  This book focused on three strong women solving one very twisted mystery.  What more could you want?!?  I found myself reading as fast as I could, the suspense had me on the edge of my seat, and I was completely satisfied with the way the book ended.  It's going to be a long wait until the next book in the series releases but I already know that it will be completely worth the wait!  Also, I could fill in the time with those older books considering I now have a few of them on my shelves already after loving this series so much!

Overall, this is another five star read for me with this series!  I have well and truly loved EVERY book that I've read in it so far!  This is one of those authors and series that shouldn't be missed!  I cannot recommend it enough!  I think that readers will enjoy this one if you are a mystery fan, like darker thrilling reads (she kind of reminds me of Karin Slaughter although I'm not sure that I've read enough of Slaughter's books to say that for sure - Gardner's books aren't as graphic), or just want a book/series that will keep you turning the pages late into the night!  I highly, highly recommend this book AND this series as someone who has only read four books in it so far!

Bottom Line:  An easy book to give five stars - I loved it!

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book thanks the publisher.  Honest thoughts are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I've read several books by Lisa Gardner and liked them all. I've not read this one, but I think I read the first one where Flora appears and I know I've read others that feature D.D. Warren. One day I'll get all of her interlocking series read. Glad you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay - I really need to catch up with some of her other books especially after loving so many of her books so much!

      Delete
  2. Lisa Gardner is on my "I can't believe I haven't read that author yet" list. This sounds absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I really think that you would enjoy her books! I highly recommend!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)