Wednesday, March 11, 2020

You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen (thoughts)

Summary from Goodreads:

"You probably know someone like Shay Miller.
She wants to find love, but it eludes her.
She wants to be fulfilled, but her job is a dead end.
She wants to belong, but her life is so isolated.

You probably don’t know anyone like the Moore sisters.
They have an unbreakable circle of friends.
They live the most glamorous life.
They always get what they desire.

Shay thinks she wants their life.
But what they really want is hers."


My Thoughts:

I really love how little that summary tells you of what this book is really about.  It means that unless you really dig for more details you have to go into this one not knowing all that much which is perfect in my opinion.  I started reading this one and was hooked from the very beginning.  I enjoyed the fact that I didn't know where the story was going which meant that I just enjoyed the ride that the authors were taking me on.  There were things that I thought I knew - like the fact that maybe the sisters didn't have the best of intentions from the summary but that was about it.  Instead, I spend the majority of my time reading this book just reading as fast as I could to see what was going to happen next.  I didn't even find myself guessing all that much because I was just enjoying the entire experience so much.  I will say that there was a certain point where I absolutely couldn't set this book down.  I ended up staying up way past my bed time to finish this one because I just HAD to see how it was going to end.  This book was both suspenseful and thrilling - basically everything that I enjoy in a good thriller.  This is my second book by these authors (I read and also enjoyed An Anonymous Girl last year) and it won't be my last!  I need to grab their first book sometime soon!

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and how suspenseful it was!  It kept me reading and turning the pages long after I should have been in bed.  After enjoying two of the books by these authors, I will be reading everything and anything they write in the future.  This was a solid thriller and one that I would recommend to fans of both thrillers and suspense.  I've been pretty vague on my thoughts on this book but I would just hate to spoil anything for other readers.  This is an easy book for me to recommend!

Bottom Line:  Another really great read by these authors!  Just be warned that you won't want to set this book down!

Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book thanks to the publisher.  Honest thoughts are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I liked Anonymous Girl and have been looking at this one. It sounds really good and I'm glad the blurb didn't give out too information. I hate when that that happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, I enjoyed An Anonymous Girl as well although I've seen others that haven't. I honestly liked this one better so I would guess that you would enjoy this one as well then!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)