- 2022 Reads
- 2022 Challenges
- TBR Reading
- Review Copy Reading
- 2018 Releases
- 2021 Reads
- Books Read in 2020
- Books Read in 2019
- Books Read in 2018
- Books Read in 2017
- Books Read in 2016
- Books Read in 2015
- Books Read in 2014
- Books Read in 2013
- Books Read in 2012
- Books Read in 2011
- Books Read in 2010
- Books Read In 2009
- Books Read in 2008
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
So I know that I mentioned already that I'm planning on joining in on Trish's read-a-long of The Stand by Stephen King. And I'm SUPER excited about it because it's a read-a-long AND with Trish (for one) and two, I feel like this book has been on my TBR list for FOREVER. Seriously, I'm intimidated. But who isn't at this point??? It is HUGE!!!! (and yes, I know that I'm using tons of capitals and exclamations but I can't help myself) I need to say this again..it is ENORMOUS!!! I'm reading the uncut version that I checked out from the library and it is hideous. Seriously old and nasty looking. I could care less though because I'm too excited/scared about reading this book. I think that I might end up buying it though because I'm gonna hate having to return it to the library 1/2 way finished. So we will see on Friday if I can resist snatching up my own copy of it. Anyways, I thought it would be fun since I'm officially joining in to answer Trish's questions:
1. What makes you want to read The Stand? Honestly, I'm not sure. I added it to my TBR list too many years ago to really remember why I wanted to read it in the 1st place. But that has only piqued my curiosity so now I just can't resist the chance to read it!
2. Describe your preconceived notions of The Stand. That it is long. And probably scary. And long. And scary. When I think of King, I think of the Friends episode and Joey hiding the book in the freezer. So I'm a bit nervous if I do say so myself.
3. What was the last scary(ish) book you read or movie you saw? I don't do scary movies. AT ALL. I have been watching a few episodes of The Walking Dead which might count. And if Mira Grant's Deadline (zombie novel) counts as scary then that is the last book. But I didn't think that it was actually scary so there you have it.
4. Which version of the book will you be reading from? The uncut ugly library version. If I buy it, I will still be reading the uncut version but hopefully it won't be so nasty looking :)
5. What are you previous experiences with Stephen King? Umm..a long time ago (pre-blogging) I read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. And I've always wanted to try and read The Shining but I'm too scared to even try. Yet, I want to read The Stand. Go figure.
6. Anything else you'd like to add (bonus points for being extra random). If I have nightmares from this book, you guys are ALL going to know it. Just saying... If you are on the fence about joining in, then just do it! You know you want to! And it will be fun. I think :)
Posted by samantha.1020 at 5:36 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Have fun and happy reading :) I love King but I have yet to read The Stand. The longest King novel I read was IT and that had me up late at night scared of the clown :PReplyDelete
Ha! Love that episode of Friends. But I always forget about the Stephen King and think about Little Women (and the Jo/Laurie gender mixup).ReplyDelete
I'm so so glad you're joining!! Hopefully this won't give anyone nightmares. I'm prone to them as well (which is why I don't do scary!).
Enjoy your King book! Seems like a terrific one, Sam!ReplyDelete
I can't wait to read The Stand, I'll be joining as well! I just listened to the audiobook version of The Shining narrated by Campbell Scott which was AWESOME. And a tad bit freaky. But super awesome.ReplyDelete
Good luck! I might join in, but I am terrible at read-alongs...ReplyDelete