Thursday, April 15, 2010

Library Loot - In Which I Lose My Self Control...


Let me state just a few things first:

1. These are from over a two week period...so at least I didn't grab them all at once, right?

2. And yes, I know there is no possible way of reading all of them before they have to go back (even if I REALLY, really want to).

Anyhoo, this week the linky is at Marg's blog so if you've went to the library recently and want to share all of the loot you've found go there. And if you picked up more books than me please share so I won't feel so embarrassed. I mean, really, I already had books checked out before I grabbed all of these lovely books up :)










Since I have so many I'm going to break it down a little bit. I picked up French Milk for the World Party Reading Challenge. I couldn't pass by Grave Secret as I've dying to read the last part of this series every since it came out. After realizing that some of the book on the 2010 Orange Prize Reading list hadn't yet come out in the U.S. I began searching the longlists for past years which is how I came upon The Keep and Black Water Rising is from this year's list. Some I picked up solely based on their covers...Original Sin, I'm looking at you! I've been craving some Agatha Christie so I had to grab a mystery by her. And others are from reading all of your amazing blogs. All in all, a GREAT haul these past couple of weeks. And now I'm starting to think that I might have to hunker down just to be able to get some of these read. I always love a good challenge!

13 comments:

  1. The title of this post drew me in--how could I resist? :)

    Here's a strategy for you: read what you can, renew the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic haul of books!!! I agree with Suko...read what you can...renew the rest...LOL. I've been dying to read Grave Secret too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh ... I see a number of books here that I want to read. And if you don't lose self-control, at least a little bit, at the library, something's wrong. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had a similar library trip. It's great, isn't it? You can pick up everything you can carry without worrying about cost. So much less stressful than the bookstore. If you can't finish them in time or renew, you can always check them out again later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a haul! Lots of great looking books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of loot!!! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol- You definitely lost your self control this week. Looks like a lot of good books - I hope you at least get some of them read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Wife of the Gods and Blue Diablo quite a lot, I hope you get a chance to read them and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you grabbed some great loot!! And I would never be hard on you for all those books...I'm always out-of-control when it comes to my library books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't feel bad--I have no self control either! At least library books are free

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suko- LOL! I'll renew and still probably not get to them all :)

    Kara- I cannot wait to open up Grave Secret even though I will be sad to see this series end. At least she has other series that I can check out.

    Stephanie- I seriously have no control when it comes to the library. I have all these checked out and I'm still putting books on hold.

    Lawral- My thoughts exactly. It doesn't bother me to return books unread as I know that I can grab them again at a later date. So much easier on my finances :)

    Linda and Christine- I'm hoping to enjoy as many of these as I can!

    Darlene- I'm hoping to get a big portion of them read but we'll see.

    Amy- I'm SO looking forward to both of the books you mentioned so I'm glad to hear that you liked them.

    Naida- Thanks!

    ReviewsbyLola- That is the best part. I love free books!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed Prophecy of the Sisters and am eagerly awaiting the second book.
    French Milk is one I have been eyeing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)