Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Sunday Salon- Books and More Books


Good morning Saloners! I've been away for a few weeks but am glad to be back and joining all of you once again this week. Last Sunday I was hiking with my kids at a beautiful state park that I used to go to when I was a kid. I haven't been there in years but it was still as awesome as I remember it. Don't you love sharing experiences from your childhood with your own kids? Plus, we hit the pumpkin patch and got pumpkins and apples. Talk about a perfect day! In other non-related news, my daughter turned 1 this week. I can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday....
In book-related news, I just finished Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier last night. Oh man! I love the way this author writes and I kept finding myself having to slow down while I was reading. It isn't one of those books that you need to read fast and in fact it is better if you take your time and enjoy the details and atmosphere that the author creates. I'll be posting a review soon. Now I'm trying to figure out what to pick up next. I'm off to cook breakfast now. Happy reading to all of you!
Edited to add a picture of my beautiful daughter. I haven't shared one in awhile and this is a cute one from today :) And I picked up Written In Blood by Sheila Lowe which is a book that was sent to me to review. Now I'm off for a walk with the kiddos.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back Samantha. Sounds like you had some nice family time. Ahhh, Happy Birthday to your daughter. I'm looking forward to reading your review of Rebecca-I really want to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I made spaghetti (her favorite) and it was quite the mess but always fun to watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam,

    You won Cry Wolf! I will email you shortly to get your address.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiking with the kiddies is fun, we go as well.
    Happy Birthday to your little one, times does fly.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa- Thanks so much! Right now you are my favorite person in the world. LOL!

    Naida- Hiking is fun! Even when you are carrying a 1yr. old. Although we went with a group of about 30 so I wasn't the only one holding her :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is SUCH a cutie! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! And congrats on winning the book from Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trish- Thanks so much! I'm pretty proud of her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is adorble! Happy belated Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)