Sunday, March 17, 2019

The Sunday Post #55 (Reading Rambles Edition)

"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme"

Happy Sunday friends!  I've been reading up a storm lately (or at least it feels like it).  All I can really say is about time because neither January or February were very impressive for me in terms of reading numbers.  I'm still behind on my reading goal for Goodreads but now it's down to like three books behind on my reading schedule or something like that.  I'm sure I will catch up eventually....or I won't and that is okay too I suppose.  There hasn't been much else new around here otherwise.  My oldest and I have been driving more together as he is soon going to be able to get his license.  It's pretty crazy (and a bit stressful) to think about.  The time just flies!  Softball and baseball season is set to start up in a few short weeks which is exciting assuming the weather cooperates.  It's doubtful as we had a beautiful day yesterday and then overnight it snowed and covered the ground with about an inch again.  My youngest was not happy as he has been playing outside nonstop this week with the nicer weather.

Books wise I have finished four books in the last two weeks.  Two books each week which hasn't been my norm lately.  I finished the following books:





The Craftsman by Sharon Bolton was SO CREEPY!  This is one of my very favorite authors and there are so many reasons why but books like this are exactly why!  I'm still working on writing up my full thoughts on this book but hopefully I'll post my review sometime this week.

Devil's Daughter by Lisa Kleypas was an absolutely delightful read that I enjoyed immensely.  This was my first read by Kleypas but it was just as good as I had heard it would be.  I'm so excited that I have so many of her other books to look forward to!  I've already shared my thoughts on this book here if you are interested.

Her Father's Secret by Sara Blaedel was a compelling mystery that is part of a series I'm looking forward to reading more of.  This is book two in the series and I'm going to need to go back and catch up with that first book soon.  It was a quieter read but I enjoyed it all the more because of it!  I also need to work on writing up my thoughts to this book as well.

The Better Sister by Alafair Burke was a thrilling read that kept me glued to the pages the entire time!  I loved the premise of this one and was so completely hooked that I couldn't set this book down.  This book doesn't come out until next month so I won't be sharing my thoughts until closer to the release date.  If you get the chance though, add this one to your TBR because it is worth the read for sure!

I'm now currently reading the following two books:



A Beautiful Corpse by Christi Daugherty is my current print read and I actually haven't started it yet.  I read the first book in this series (The Echo Killing) last year and really enjoyed it!  I've been looking forward to reading this one every since then.  On my kindle I'm reading Murder Lo Mein by Vivien Chien.  I actually haven't read the first two books in this series yet, but I've enjoyed what I've read of this one so far!  I'm looking forward to continuing on and hopefully reading this one later this afternoon.

Plans for the rest of the day include relaxing and laundry.  I'm looking forward to the new episode of the The Walking Dead tonight as usual.  I've actually been binge re-watching the series from the beginning and there are so many characters that I miss now!  Glenn - ugh!  But it is fun so I might watch a little bit more of that today as well.  I'm off to get my day started!

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Sunday and laundry kinda go hand in hand for me too so our plans for the rest of today match!
    Although, I've never watched The Walking Dead... I'll probably watch something fluffier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was reading up a storm. It’s been taking me forever to finish books lately. Good luck to your son with his driving. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to read The Echo Killing last year, but didn't get a chance, and there's a book two now! I need to hurry and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found some great books. Our weather has been pretty good now and I'm feeling more energetic with some sun. Happy reading! Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these books sound right up my alley! I love anything that can keep me on the edge of my seat. . I have a must-read book for you (possibly for April?) called “The Light of Our Yesterdays ” by author Ken Hansen. The two main characters, Chris Huxley, a Homeland Security Investigator, and Tomadus, a prominent Romanus technologist and merchant live in parallel worlds but are deeply connected, one in a world dominated by Muslim rule and the other in today’s society. A hunt for a terrorist sends Chris on a journey to many historical/religious sites and makes him question his past and his beliefs. It’s hard for me to fully explain without giving some major WOW moments away so I really hope you will take a peek at his website https://kennethjhansen.com/ and check out his book! You will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)