Sunday, July 15, 2018

The Sunday Post #49 (Reading Update)

"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme"

Wow!  It has been a few weeks since I last had the chance to post or share my thoughts on any books with you all.  Life happens, it's summer time - that should really tell you all you need to know.  LOL!  We've been busy and on the go almost nonstop these  past couple of months which is the last time I did a post like this.  The spring/summer baseball and softball seasons have just recently ended which means life is starting to slow down just a bit.  It won't be lasting very long but I for one am fully appreciating a clean house.  So much falls to the wayside when you are at a softball tournament every weekend or a game/practice most nights of the week.  It makes me tired just thinking about it but we survived and a great time was had by all!

Currently my oldest is in full football swing getting ready for the upcoming season which is exciting as I always look forward to watching him play.  My youngest two both have travel tryouts coming up so they are practicing and getting ready for that.  We will have a few weeks break and then things will start to pick up again which means I need to appreciate my nights home with no plans as much as possible.  I HAVE been reading although of course my reading pace has dropped considerably these past couple of months.  I'm still four books ahead on my Goodread's reading challenge so let's count that as a win.  I'm not going to even attempt to do a reading update for all of the books I've finished since my last post like this.  I do plan on writing up reviews though on all of the books I've finished and haven't yet shared my thoughts on.  It is going to take me a bit thought to catch up as I'm probably close to ten books or so behind.  I'm going to work on trying to get ahead and get some posts scheduled so that I won't have two week blogging breaks like I have been doing.  Let's move on though to the books!

Last book I finished reading was:


I've actually got my thoughts on this one written up so watch for my review on Tuesday of this week. I really enjoyed it!

Currently reading:


Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty is the book I'm mostly turning to at this point.  I started this one and was immediately sucked in.  I'm not quite at a hundred pages yet but I'm really eager to relax and curl up with this book for some quality reading time soon!  The Paris Wedding by Charlotte Nash is a review copy and one that I'm on the fence on.  I haven't quite connected with this book yet even though I'm a little over halfway through it.  Some parts I enjoy and other parts not as much.  I'm trying to decide if I'm going to stick it out and see how it all ends or just move on to something else.  Has anyone else read this one?  Have an opinion to share on it?

Plans for today include lots of yard work.  So many nights at the softball and baseball fields have meant that my yard has suffered.  My husband and I plan to really dig into working and getting our yard back into shape.  I'm hoping that we also get the chance to grill out for the first time this summer.  Sad but true.  I also need to work on catch up with my never-ending laundry piles that are beyond ridiculous at this point.  Other than that, I'm hoping for a quiet day with some reading time squeezed in.  It sure is nice to be back though and chatting with all of you!

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

17 comments:

  1. Nice to see you here, Sam! I miss your posts, but I completely understand about busy times with kids and sports and things. As to your reading, why don't you just do a quick couple of posts with 2-line reviews. Bet that would be enough and take a lot less time.

    I'm not surprised that you are liking BIG LITTLE LIES. It's a favorite of mine. Have you watched the TV adaptation? I'm on the fence about doing that as I like the book so very much. We'll see. I've noticed that it's available 'on demand' for free on my TV. And, I'll be watching for your review of PRETTY GIRLS DANCING. I've noticed that one, but not read it. Our tastes of often so similar. If you liked it a lot - I suspect I would as well.

    Have a good week! Good luck with yard work! Aren't you kids old enough to learn about 'how to wash clothes'? LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay - I haven’t yet watched the TV adaptation but am planning on watching it after finishing the book! Are you going to watch the Sharp Objects adaptation? We watched the first episode and I’m liking it so far. My kids help with both yard work and laundry but sometimes they need a mother’s touch lmao :) I think you would probably enjoy Pretty Girls Dancing as we do have very similar tastes! Have you read Jar of Hearts yet? I loved it!

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about Pretty Girls Dancing...and I LOVED Big Little Lies. I also watched (and saved on my DVR) the miniseries.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel-Rain - I’m really enjoying Big Little Lies and cannot wait to watch the HBO series! I’m really glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I want to read Big Little Lies! I am glad it sucked you in. I hope you totally enjoy it. Have a wonderful week!

    Mary my #SundayRoundup #27!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary - I’m not finished yet but it is really good so far! I have a feeling that I will easily be able to recommend once I finish :)

      Delete
  4. It's harder to blog in summer time. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer - It really, really is! Sometimes the las thing I want is to sit in front of my computer more LOL!

      Delete
  5. Big Little Lies is a good one. It unravels the story well. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your summer and kids. The reading and reviews will still be here. It looks like you have been reading some good stuff! Interesting. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne - That’s exactly what I’ve been doing :) It is making for one very enjoyable summer! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you're having a good, busy summer! It's hard to fit everything in. Big Little Lies is supposed to be very absorbing. Have a terrific week ahead, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suko - It really is hard to fit it all in, isn’t it? But the fun is sometimes in the trying! I hope you have a wonderful week as well!

      Delete
  8. You sound busy. I hope the kids do well and have fun with all their sports stuff. Have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ! They really have done well and I couldn’t be prouder of them all :)

      Delete
  9. Big Little Lies... Didn't they turn that into a tv show?
    You sound like you've had a crazy busy time lately so I hope you manage to get caught up (with some time to breathe!) before the football season starts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)