Thursday, November 23, 2017

Locked in by Kerry Wilkinson (thoughts)

Summary from Goodreads:

"When a body is found in a locked house, Detective Sergeant Jessica Daniel is left to not only find the killer but discover how they got in and out.

With little in the way of leads and a journalist that seems to know more about the case than she does, Jessica is already feeling the pressure—and that’s before a second body shows up in identical circumstances to the first.

How can a murderer get to victims in seemingly impossible situations and what, if anything, links the bodies?"


My Thoughts:

I bought this book on Amazon just based off of the summary alone.  At the time I couldn't get it through my library system and wanted so badly to read it so I couldn't resist buying it for myself.  I'm really glad that I had the chance to read this one because I enjoyed this mystery just as much as I had hoped to.  In this book, Detective Sergeant Jessica Daniel is in charge of investigating a murder where it seems impossible to discover how the killer got in or out as the house was locked.  I was so intrigued by the idea of how a murder could have been committed when the house was all locked up.  The idea of it kept me reading because I couldn't figure out how it had been done.  It was almost as much of a puzzle for me, the reader, as figuring out who the killer was.  I found that the questions surrounding how the killings helped to create that layer of tension that I love to have in the mysteries I read.

It took me a bit to get into this one though and I'm really not sure why.  I'm guessing that it was just the reading mood that I was in - it happens sometimes.  Once I was well and truly hooked though, that was when I couldn't stop reading.  It's funny but I kind of started to guess the truth behind the mystery but then something happened and I figured that I was wrong.  It was a suspenseful enough read that even being not as surprised by the ending as I hoped left it still being a solid read.  It looks like there a bunch of books in this series so I'm really looking forward to continuing on with.  I even have book two on my kindle so I don't need to wait long if I don't want to.  

Overall, I found that I enjoyed this book a lot and am looking forward to reading book two in the near future.  I love when I find a well established series like this - I'm not patient and this means that I don't have to wait for the next book in the series to release.  It was suspenseful and fast paced enough that I found myself unable to put it down by the end.  Recommended!  

Bottom Line:  Worth the money I spent on it!

Disclosure:  I purchased this book off of Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. Love a good locked room type mystery. It really is like a puzzle isn't it? Glad to hear you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Of course I love a good mystery in general as well :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)