Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Sunday Post #36 (The Walking Dead Edition)

"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme"

Happy Sunday!  How have you all been?  Yesterday was the annual Dewey's read-a-thon, and although I didn't sign up to participate I ended up getting a lot of extra reading time in.  I even finished two books yesterday which sounds really great even though I had been in the middle of them both.  My youngest came home Friday from school not feeling well.  Needless to say I got some unexpected extra reading time in while we laid low and worked on getting him feeling better.  The only bummer was that he missed his last football game of the season which he wasn't too happy about. 

This weekend wrapped up football for both of my boys and last weekend wrapped up softball for my daughter.  Softball will practice year round so we aren't completely done by any means but I'm going to enjoy the lull in all of our activities.  Time to catch up on some of my favorite shows.  The Walking Dead season premiere is tonight!!!!  I'm so pumped for it and then later this week Stranger Things.  Eek!  Not much else new to report since my last reading update.  I thought that I was starting to go through a reading slump as I had only finished one book.  Then I finished those two yesterday and now I'm feeling like I'm on a roll.  How quickly things change!!  Here's what I finished since my last update:


  
All The Secret Places by Anna Carlisle - I've already shared my thoughts on this one but suffice it to say that I enjoyed this second in the series just as much as book one.  This author and series have moved on to my must read list.  The hardest part is going to be waiting patiently for book three.

Arsenic With Austen by Katherine Bolger Hyde - I picked this one up from the library because I have the 2nd book on this series for review thanks to NetGalley.  I adored this one for the most part and will be writing up my thoughts on this one soon.  I'm now super excited to move on to the next book and will be doing that very soon.

Beneath The Surface by Sibel Hodge - I just finished this one late last night and I'm stilling mulling over my thoughts on it.  It was good but not great.....and that's about all I'm willing to say about it right now.  I will be working on writing up my thoughts on this one hopefully later today.



The Killing Floor by Lee Child is my current print read although I haven't yet begun reading it yet.  I've been meaning to give this series a try for awhile now so I pulled this one off of my own shelves.  I was in the mood for an action type thriller so I hope that this fits the bill!  Into The Drowning Deep by Mira Grant will be my next read on my kindle.  Her Newsflesh trilogy is some of my all-time favorite books yet I haven't read anything else by her.  Time to change that, and the summary for this book is so unique that I just cannot wait to begin!  Searching for Sunday by Rachel Held Evans is my current nonfiction read that I've started but only barely.  I need to figure out a way to fit in more nonfiction reading as I am constantly adding nonfiction reads to my TBR list.  I'm going to try reading three books at a time and see how that works out for me.  I'll keep you posted on if this actually works or doesn't but I'm really hoping.

Plans for the day are my usual Sunday plans: laundry, football, and books.  I sadly don't have any reviews written up for this week so I need to focus on that.  Watching The Walking Dead premiere is a major priority.  But like I said, just the usual.  LOL!  On a kind of exciting note, I've stayed away from NetGalley since the last time that we talked.  I'm pretty proud of myself although I have to admit that it is so hard not to just check and see what's been added lately.  I've also been doing really great with staying away from book tours.  While I have found some amazing books thanks to book tours, the ability to read what I want whenever I want is really helping my reading mojo (NetGalley books aside).   Anyways, I'm off to work on some reviews and cheer on my Bears.

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

13 comments:

  1. Hope your little one is feeling much better. At least you got some reading done yesterday! I totally missed participating in the Read-A-Thon... Next time! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana- I've never officially participated in the read-a-thon but this was the closest I've come to it. It was really nice to finish two books in one day even if I was mostly done with one and halfway thru the other. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Happy Sunday! I hope your youngest is feeling better, and that you've had a good weekend. Read on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suko! He is much better now besides a runny nose and a cough that seem to have developed. Go figure - it is always something this time of year. I hope that you've had a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  3. My husband is excited for TWD tonight. I haven't watched a single episode though...I'm so behind the times. I have never seen Game of Thrones or Outlander either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha - I've never watches Game of Thrones or Outlander either but I'm basically obsessed with The Walking Dead. My husband and I binge watched it until we were caught up and now I faithfully watch every episode - so, so good! I highly recommend!

      Delete
  4. I am glad your reading has picked up again, Sam, and I hope your son is feeling better soon. Mouse was sick recently too and I've since caught it. Neither of us seem to be able to get rid of the cough that came with it. :-( I completely missed the readathon. I haven't cracked open a book all weekend. :-( Hopefully I can change that tonight.

    I am looking forward to seeing The Walking Dead again. I record the show and will probably watch it next Friday after Mouse goes to school.

    I love the look of Arsenic and Austen!

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - I hope that you are feeling better as well as Mouse now!!! If it makes you feel better I've hardly cracked open a book all week - I finish two and then nothing....sigh! I really enjoyed Arsenic and Austen so I can definitely recommend it. Have a great week as well!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, reading two books a day is awesome. I wish I could do that. I hope you enjoy 6our new books and have a wonderful week. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geybie - I know it sounds really great when I say I finished two books, doesn't it? :) In all honest I was literally halfway thru one book and the other one I only had like the last 1/4th of it to finish. So not as great as it sounds but I like saying it anyways. I hope that you have had a wonderful week as well!

      Delete
  6. Arsenic With Austen looks so cute :D I'll have to see if I can find it and read reviews on the other two.
    Enjoy your new additions to reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily - Arsenic with Austen was really great and I would definitely recommend! If you do read it, let me know what you think!

      Delete
  7. I did the read-a-thon last week and it was fun. OM The Walking Dead is back, yay!
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)