Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Sunday Post #34 (Football Mania)

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme"

Morning!  Sundays are fast becoming my favorite day of the week.  Football, good food, and lots of time to relax.....what more could a girl ask for?  Not much new happened this week besides the usual.  My youngest had his best flag football game of the season so far this year scoring two touchdowns (one by intercepting the ball).  He was thrilled and it was a really fun game to watch.  It was homecoming week for my oldest son which is always fun.  He plays for both JV (junior varsity) and the freshmen teams so we spent Friday and Saturday watching his teams play.  I love every minute of it!

Somehow I also managed to finish not one but two books this week!  I was pretty impressed with myself if I do say so!  Now I need to really work on catching up with the reviews for the books that I've been reading lately.  Next week looks just as busy (I feel like I say that every week but it is the truth) as this one was.  Added to all of the football games though is the fact that my daughter has a softball tournament.  I love watching her play so it will be a fun change of pace after watching football to then go watch some softball.  I probably won't be posting next week as Sunday is when the bracket play really begins and we will hopefully be at the softball fields all day.  Don't worry, I'll have my book with me for in between innings and games.  LOL!  But on to the books.  Here are the books that I finished this week:


I is for Innocent by Sue Grafton - It was SO great to get back to this series!  I flew through the pages of this book, and was almost sad when it ended as it was so great reading about Kinsey's adventures again.  I won't be waiting as long before I continue on with the next book in one of my favorite mystery series!

Beneath the Skin by Caroline England - This was a compelling but unexpected read.  It is being billed as a psychological thriller but I don't know that I would necessarily agree.  Instead it was more of a drama relating to these different families that were entangled with one another in different ways.  There were a few unexpected twists which is maybe where the thriller label is coming from but I actually thought that this book was more than that.  It was one I won't be forgetting about any time soon!

I'm now currently reading the following books:


Asylum by Jeannette De Beauvoir is my current print read.  Friday night I was trying to figure out what to read next as I had finished the above two books.  I had a stack of books laying out on my bed and made my husband (not a reader) choose.  He chose this one based off the title alone.  Ha!  I'm about 100 pages in and enjoying it so far.  Death Among the Doilies by Mollie Cox Bryan is my new kindle read.  I've been in the mood for a cozy mystery and this is the beginning to a new to me series.  I haven't actually begun reading this one yet but have it ready to begin.

Plans for today include enjoying the peace and quiet.  My little two have gone to a friend's house for the afternoon which is a nice change of pace after having sleepovers here the past two nights.  I see a lot of laundry in my future.  Blogging and reading as much as possible.  Definitely relaxing as much as possible while still getting ready for the upcoming week.  No rest for the wicked and all that!  I'm off to work on some reviews.

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading! 

18 comments:

  1. My favorite thing about football is the Fall Weather and the excitement! Have a great week!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collettakay - I love the cooler weather as well! Fall is just my favorite all around especially the older that I get. I hope that you have a wonderful week as well!

      Delete
  2. Beneath the Skin sounds really good. I hope you have a great week. Enjoy the quiet Sunday. :)

    Jenea's Book Obsession's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanea- It really was! I don't read a ton of books like this so I think that made it stand out for me even more. If you ever read it, come back and let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  3. I understand why your husband chose asylum! That title and cover look so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna - It is really good so far! I'm so glad that he chose this one for me. LOL!

      Delete
  4. I like Sunday too, although we don't watch football. It is a quiet relaxing day for us. A nice way to start the new week and renew our energy for the days to come. I even got to sleep in this morning! That never happens. Haha

    I need to get back into Grafton's books. The last one I read (T is for Trespass), I remember having the same feeling you did reading I. I should have kept going to keep that feeling up. Oh well. Death Among Doilies sounds really cute. :-)

    I hope you have a great week, Samantha! Have fun next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy - I love when I get the chance to sleep in although it rarely happens. My body just doesn't like to let me sleep past a certain time. I'm really looking forward to Death Among Doilies so I will let you know when I finish. Have a great week Wendy!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you're plenty busy with sports! Two football players and one softball player in the family makes for a busy schedule. Sounds like fun, though. And plenty of reading time while waiting during practices. :) Asylum looks like it could be a creepy read! Hope you have a great week!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, we are very, very busy but loving every minute of it. I always take my book with me to practices as that is about the only uninterrupted reading time that I get :) Have a great week as well!

      Delete
  6. Hubby does fantasy football, so my Sundays are taken up with watching the Red Zone channel. LOL.

    Asylum looks like a creepy read! Glad you are enjoying it. :)

    Have a great week! ~Aleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lampshade Reader- My husband does fantasy football too so he flips between watching the Bears when they are on and then the mix of games when they aren't. I use that time to blog while watching a little football as well. Have a great week Aleen!

      Delete
  7. I know what you mean about laundry, we had a few guests visiting a few weeks ago... tell me about it :D so much cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evenlina- I have a family of 5 so I am never fully caught up with laundry but this week it was worse than usual. I swear I don't know how that happens. Ha! Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. You have to love those stolen moments to read and blog!

    Asylum looks awesome!

    I have never been to a football game - we are going to remedy that this year, though and take our son to one. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sam, it sounds like you are super busy and happy. That's a great combo! Enjoy your reading and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoyed watching my kids play sports. So much fun. Hope you have a great week and also enjoy the books you're reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed reading Asylum and I hope you'll enjoy it, too. Beneath the Skin sounds like a compelling read; will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)