Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Sunday Post #25 (Catching Up Edition)

"The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme"

I'm back!  I took a few weeks off of posting but not actually from blogging.  Instead I've been working on writing up reviews and scheduling posts for the entire month of April.  Who is this girl?  Hahahaha!  But seriously, I always feel like I'm a step behind when it comes to blogging especially when life gets busier and busier.  So I figured I could take a few weeks off and work on getting ahead for a change.  Who knows how long it will last but it is fun to try!

Spring sports are starting back up which has been an adjustment.  Last week the kiddos were on spring break which made it all a bit easier.  They go back to school this week so the real madness will begin.  We've got soccer practices for the youngest and then my daughter has softball- both practice and hitting.  The oldest is back to lifting for football three times a week.  The youngest will also be starting up baseball any day now.  I'm still on mandatory overtime with no end in sight.  It's going to be lots of fun (and now I'm sure you can see why I'm trying to work ahead for a change).  Usually all of these practices would mean extra reading time but I'm trying to walk during them instead to get some exercise in.  I've got to work out somewhere/somehow so this is how I'm doing it.  Actually my reading has really slowed down as of late.  I'm hoping that will change though soon as my TBR pile isn't getting any smaller.

I have been reading though so let's talk about that instead.  I can't remember the last time that I shared with all of you so I'm not even going to attempt going back that far.  Instead, I'll share about what I just finished last week and am now currently reading.  I actually finished one book last week which I had been wanting to read for months:



Two Can Play by Kate Kessler -  I read and loved the first book in this series last year so this has been on my TBR list since then.  I finally got the chance to read this one and loved it as well.  It was a great follow-up and has left me so excited to get my hands on the third book.  I need to write up my thoughts on this one still but there is a good chance this will be on my top reads list this year.

I'm now currently in the middle of two books:


Hard-Hearted Highlander is my current kindle read.  I'm reading it for a TLC tour coming up in April and so far so good.  I've already read another book in this series earlier this year and really enjoyed so I have high hopes for this one.  I love that the author always seems to put the hero and heroine in impossible situations where you have no idea how everything will be able to work out.  I'm reading in print my first non-fiction book of the year Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer.  I feel like I've been reading this book forever.  It isn't even that I'm not enjoying it because I am for the most part.  I just don't always pick it up so I'm slowly working my way through it.  I'm getting towards the end so I'm going to really focus on finishing this one this week.

New Acquisitions:

I've been absolutely horrible this year when it comes to self control and buying books.  NetGalley?  Ridiculousness.  I can't possibly share about all of the books I've brought into the house since I last posted (because at this point I don't even know) so I'll share about the newest books sitting on my NetGalley shelf.  I say I'm going to work on this but really I'm doing horribly.  I need to focus on all the unread books I already have instead.



And so many, many more but we'll save that for another day.  I have no excuse for not reading when I have so many great books waiting for me. 

I'm off to focus on my laundry piles and getting ready for the week.  My son turns fourteen today so we've been busy celebrating this weekend.  Now we have a good birthday dinner and cake to look forward to tonight.  I'm eager to catch up with all of you and see what you've been reading but that may not happen until later this week.  For now, let me know what you've been up to or reading since we last talked!

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your son! I have been trying to get ahead, bit by bit, but it always seems I end up falling behind almost as soon as I start. All we can do is our best, right? Life does take precedence. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your son! I haven't been blogging as much either.Enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)