Monday, January 16, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (January 16th)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!"

Monday madness begins once again!  Actually, I had the day off but chose to work some overtime earlier this morning which is why I'm posting later than usual.  The weekend flew by as it always does.  We cleaned out and rearranged my daughter's room which was quite the project.  How do these kids accumulate so much stuff?  My jeep is packed now ready to drop off a load to donate to our local Goodwill store.  She is excited about her "new room" though so really that is all that matters!  I don't have much else new to report.  The husband and I have both been battling a cold since right after Christmas.  The cough seems to be never-ending so it was a pretty low-key weekend otherwise.  I managed to read two more books in the past week which left me pretty happy.  I finished the following books:


The First Days by Rhiannon Frater turned out to be a much more enjoyable read than I originally thought it was going to be for me.  In the afterwards of the book, the author explained that she started writing this book in installments which explained a lot to me.  I think that is why I didn't immediately connect to the story or characters but that changed by the end.  I'm super excited to pick up the next book in this trilogy soon!

The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins was an off pile read.  I actually tried reading this one last year and got about half way before I let it go back to the library unfinished.  I decided to try it again (as I really want to see the movie) and started from the beginning.  What can I say other than this time it worked for me?  I'm glad that I went back to it as now the husband and I can FINALLY watch the movie.  Reviews to come for both of these books soon.

I'm now currently reading the following:


Sinful Scottish Laird by Julia London is my current kindle read.  I was originally going to read Black-Eyed Susans but after finishing The Girl on the Train I decided I needed a change of pace.  This is for a TLC book tour that I am participating in next month.  In print I'm reading Killer's Island by Anna Jansson.  I actually haven't started this one yet but it is what I'm planning on reading next so I'm including it.  This is a review copy that has been on my shelves for a ridiculous amount of time so I'm really excited to finally read this one.  A reading goal for 2017 that I have is to finally read some of these review copies that have been languishing on my shelves and this would fit that description.

New Additions:

Simply put:  I suck at staying away from NetGalley.  They all look AMAZING though so there is that.  LOL!  I will try harder this week for sure!



I'm off to enjoy the rest of this holiday and also work on my laundry piles.  It has been raining all day so it feels like the perfect time to curl up with my kindle and get to reading. 

Happy Monday and Happy Reading!
  

8 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about the new Jennifer McMahon book. Hers are always quite something. I'm trying to decide if I want to watch the movie for GIRL ON THE TRAIN. Don't think my husband will be interested. We'll see. Good luck getting over the cough. Mine, after the flu, has lingered and lingered. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay- I'm a HUGE fan of Jennifer McMahon. I was so, so excited to get a copy of Burn Town and especially because I didn't even know about it ahead of time. Eek! My husband is willing to watch The Girl on the Train with me so hopefully we will watch it soon.

      Delete
  2. Ugh. I have the same cold. Like will the cough EVER go away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kailana- I swear that my cough is getting worse rather than better :/ I hope that you start feeling better soon!

      Delete
  3. Happy reading, Sam! Take it easy and reover from your cold. I hope your week is a good one for reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suko- I definitely took it easier this week and drank lots of hot tea. I just need this cold to quit lingering already. I hope that your week was great!

      Delete
  4. Lately I've been addicted to NetGally too! I'm glad this time The Girl On the Train worked for you. While it was not a favorite read I do wonder if I'll enjoy the movie a lot more. Enjoy your books and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana- The Girl on the Train was not my favorite read as well but I did find it more compelling to read this 2nd time around. I really, really need to work on staying away from NetGalley!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)