I really should work harder on not adding any books to my shelves but it is harder than you think sometimes! These are all of the newest print books that I've brought home in the past month or so. True fact: I have had these sitting in a pile in my bedroom just waiting to share about them with all of you. I should probably put them away now. LOL! Also, I didn't actually buy these all at once so that makes me feel a bit better. I should probably stay away from any store selling books for awhile but where would the fun be in that?? Here is what I bought:
- The Diviners by Libba Bray - I found this gem ridiculously cheap and so it came home with me as simple as that. Add in an absolutely gorgeous cover and the fact that this has been on my TBR list for awhile and you have a win in my book!
- Track the Cat by Nevada Barr- 1st in a new to me mystery series and a used bookstore find. One of the best things about used bookstores is that you can find the first books in ridiculously long series. I'm looking forward to reading this!
- A Place of Execution by Val McDermid- I actually bought this one awhile back. Twice. Obviously I really wanted to read it. Ha! So I gave one copy to my Mom and sister to read which they both highly recommended back to me. I'm planning on reading it soon.
- The Face of Deception by Iris Johansen- Back in my pre-blogging days I used to read this author's books and enjoyed them although I never seemed to read them in order. I decided to pick this one up at the used bookstore so that I could finally read the series in order.
- Touch Not the Cat by Mary Stewart- It is Mary Stewart. Enough said!
- The Deep by Nick Cutter- This was actually a Goodwill find. As it sounds perfect for this time of year I think that I've made a good decision. Also I have heard a ton of good things about this author's books!
- The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen- I've had this author on my TBR list for months. I couldn't resist when I found her books at the used bookstore. I didn't realize that there was a TV show based off of this series. I'm going to read them first then check it out!
- Girl Missing by Tess Gerritsen- This seems to be a standalone but it sounded so good so I ended up bringing it home with me as well! (This happens a lot when I am at the used bookstore and browsing)
- Kind of Cruel by Sophie Hannah- I bought this one at my local Barnes and Noble store. It was on the discount table and since this is Sophie Hannah I just brought it home with me. How could I not? She is one of those authors that I basically want to read all of her books even though I've only actually read one book by her.
I just realized that all of these would fit in with Carl's RIP challenge. How perfect is that? I would say that I won't buy any more books any time soon, but I'm sure that by this point you all know that isn't true. I just can't resist! What books have you brought into your home lately? Is there any book in this pile that you think I should read first? Do tell!