I haven't made up a reading pile to choose from in a couple of months. I always enjoy making up these posts and coming up with lists of books that I want to read. I usually end up straying off track but that's okay. Especially as pretty darn soon one of my very favorite reading challenges will be beginning and then all bets are off. The majority of these books will fit in with this challenge too which just goes to show you how ready I am for some scary reading :) Here are the books that I am hoping to read in August:
- Don of the Dead by Casey Daniels - 1st in a paranormal cozy mystery series and off of my own shelves. I've been wanting to begin this series for some time, and I am in the mood for a good mystery. I am looking forward to giving it a try!
- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher - Reread and library copy. I have been trying (with trying being the key word) to reread these earlier books before continuing on with this series. Instead I have been distracted with other books, but now I am really craving some Harry Dresden so I am guessing I will read this one sooner rather than later.
- Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts - This is my current read and a library copy. I had this one on hold since it released and because it finally came in for me I couldn't resist beginning it. I'm enjoying this one even more than the first in this trilogy and should be finishing it up in the next day or two.
- H is for Homicide by Sue Grafton - Off on my own shelves and part of one of my favorite mystery series. It has been far too long since I last read G is for Gumshoe so it is time to get back to this series that I love.
- Fool Me Twice by Meredith Duran - Library copy and a book that is just pulling at me to read. It has been entirely too long since I last read a historical romance.....and I am just in the mood to read this one! I have only read one other book by this author but I really enjoyed it so I have high hopes for this one as well!
- Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey - Review copy and a book that I have been seeing some really good reviews for! I completely skipped reading review copies in July so it is time to play catch up in August. I am looking forward to seeing what the buzz is all about with this one!
- Bound by Night by Larissa Ione - Beginning of a new paranormal romance series and also review copy. I have yet to try anything by this author but I have heard lots of great things. Looking forward to giving her a try!
- The Butcher by Jennifer Hillier - Another review copy and book that I am eager to read thanks to all of the great reviews I have seen. Are you guys seeing a trend here? LOL! This book sounds like it will be creepy so it is perfect for my current reading mood.
- Getting Life: An Innocent Man's 25-Year Journey from Prison to Peace by Michael Morton - I am currently reading this book as well and it is a review copy. When I was pitched this one I couldn't help being intrigued by it so I had to say yes. Plus, I have been in the mood for some nonfiction lately. I've just barely begun it but I will be sharing my thoughts in a review when I finish.
What books are you hoping to read in August?? Feel free to share! Happy Reading!