Sunday, May 11, 2014

Bout of Books Read-a-thon

I'm back!  It is going to take me a bit before everything gets back to normal but it is SO good to be home!  Vacation was wonderful (of course) and I will share more about it later.  But it was so busy that I honestly didn't read more then a couple of pages here and there.  I'm not worried about that as I got in plenty of quality time with my family.  This week though as things get back to normal I would like to dive back into my books a bit.  What better way then participate in a week long read-a-thon???  The Bout of Books read-a-thon is a week long affair that challenges participants to just read more.  I can definitely do that!  Here is the official blurb from the hosts:

"The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team"

My goals for the week are to finish both books that I'm currently reading which are




All Day and a Night is my current print read and I've barely dug into it yet.  I've enjoyed both of the other books by this author that I have read so I'm looking forward to it.  Dirty Magic is getting good but I just keep shoving it aside to read other books since I'm reading it on my ipad. (Such a bad habit of mine) I WILL finish this one this week!

Other goals for the week are to write up two of my outstanding book reviews since I'm falling behind at a rapid rate.  And I would like to visit at least two other participants each day of the read-a-thon.  Any additional books or reviews that I complete will be a bonus and help me catch up when it comes to staying ahead of my Goodreads goal.

Here is to hoping that I get lots of reading accomplished this week!  Are you participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon?  And if you are, what are you planning on reading?

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a great vacation, Samantha! You deserved some time away with your family. Reading on vacations is next to impossible when you have children.

    Good luck with the Bout of Books. I always seem to hear about these things too late to plan for them. And I really need to plan ahead these days. I am going to unofficially join in and try to read whenever I can, even if it's for an extra five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the Bout of Books read-a-thon! It's certainly a busy time of the year, and I haven't been able to read as much as I'd like to lately. I'd love to participate or even host a read-a-thon, one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your vacation was nice, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)