Whoops! I'm so behind lately that I didn't even realize that this week was Armchair BEA week. I participated (kinda/sorta/maybe not so much) last year and decided that I HAD to participate again this year. I love community stuff like this so really how could I resist??? I couldn't! Day 1 is introductions day and even though today is basically over I'm going to go ahead and post my answers. I'm cutting the questions down a little bit since it's so late. Without further ado...
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? My name is Samantha, aka Sam, which is what just about everyone calls me. Except my kids who of course call me Mom or other variations of it :) I am a mother of 3 little ones ages ranging from 9 years old to two. I also have an amazing stepdaughter that lives in Ohio and is 16. Yep, she is driving....crazy! In between all of the craziness I find the time to read and blog. I've been blogging for 4 years now which is just crazy when I think about it. And I got into book blogging after joining a bunch of Yahoo reading groups years ago. In fact, I believe A Novel Challenge is the name of the group that really made me want to try blogging.
2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012? I'm currently reading 3 books (which NEVER happens) and they are all completely different from each other. Here is what I'm reading:
All good and all completely different from one another.
3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. One non-book-related thing?? Umm..that I'm a horrible cook. Seriously, this is something that I'm trying to work on/experiment with but I'm not very good at it. Or patient with it. But I try so I guess that is a start. And if you have easy recipes that are kid-friendly feel free to send them my way :)
4. Where do you see your blog in five years? I'm not sure yet. I'd like to say that I'm still around and talking books but I also hope that my blog has evolved into something more personal. I will always enjoy talking books with others but I'm hoping to infuse a little more of my life into the blog. Changes. They are coming!
5. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years? The friends that I have found through blogging. Hands down that is my favorite thing about the book blogging community! I love finding reviews of books that I've already read and talking about them with others. Twitter convos about books are the best! I have met some of the nicest readers EVER through book blogging! I really love the community aspect that comes with book blogging. I feel that it is important that we nurture this feeling with events like these!