Really Random Tuesday is hosted by the lovely Suko at Suko's Notebook, and is a fun way to share whatever randomness is on your mind!
Who heard that the Nebula Award nominees were announced???? And who else instantly ran to their library website to put holds on??? I bet you can guess if I did or not :) And then the Agatha Award nominees came out. Even though I've never really checked this award out, I had to see the list of nominees. And then the Bram Stoker nominees were announced. I LOVE this week! I'm seriously in list/award heaven right now and my current library holds list proves it! I'm not quite as interested in the nominees for either the Bram Stoker or Agatha Award but it is still fun to check them out and see what was listed. But the Nebula nominees are kinda like the Edgar nominees....I want to read them all! I'm nuts. I know.
In other randomness, there's a meme that has been floating around the blogsphere like CRAZY lately. Seriously, it's everywhere. And the lovely Lisa from Books, Lists, Life tagged me. I usually don't participate in these because I'm lazy (pure and simple) but I thought I would this time. After all, I just have to answer questions :)
1. Could you eat the same thing for lunch every day? What would it be?
Yep, a chopped chicken salad from the Italian restaurant that I used to work at. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I ate it every day when I was pregnant with my daughter. Maybe that is why she only wants to eat vegetables half of the time.
2. How many library books do you have checked out right now?
Do I have to answer this one??? (It's kind of embarrassing) But with my books and everything the kids have checked out including books and movies, we have about 70 items. Yikes!
3. Do you feel strongly about specific music? or more of a music in general type person?
Not really. I like to listen to whatever fits my mood at the time. And my favorite cd ever is the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. Seriously.
4. What is your favorite brick and morter retail store?
My used book store. Or Dunkin Doughnuts. Does that count??
5. What is your favorite online store?
I don't really shop online except for Amazon. I'm weird like that.
6. What is your favorite moment of heartstopping romantic tension? (Book, movie, music, tv, real life, art, anywhere.)
I love a good romantic movie. Favorites are Dirty Dancing, The Notebook, and 27 Dresses. But I always enjoy a good romance as well.
7. What is the first book you remember reading?
I have SUCH a bad memory! I can remember reading The Boxcar Children over and over but before that I'm not sure. (I'm trying to get my oldest to try these by the way :)
8. Are you creative in any way? How so?
9. Not counting your family, pets, and vital personal documents/pictures, what one thing would you save in a fire?
I have an angel keepsake that I got from my grandparents that I would to try to save.
10. What is your favorite type of vacation (museums, beach, cabin, mountains, theme parks)?
Anywhere where I actually get to relax a bit. We usually do waterparks which are always fun but stressful!
11. What is the most surprising or unexpected thing you've done in the last 12 months?
Hmm...I don't know. I wish I had a good answer to this one though!
If you haven't been tagged already, then consider yourself tagged if your reading this. Seriously! I would love to read your answers to these questions (even if I'm too lazy to make up my own questions. LOL!)