(My quest for a picture with all 3 kiddos smiling at the camera and eyes open is still ongoing)
Nothing like a late post sharing my reading success (or lack thereof) in July. Somehow August is here and we are almost halfway thru and I'm just now writing this post. Time....where did it go?? I had a pretty average month in July as I finished five books. Not my best and certainly not my worst. I feel like I should be reading more but it just isn't happening. And it won't be getting any better as this month is filled with preparing for the oldest to go back to school and my daughter beginning preschool. How is this happening? I'm not sure that I'm ready but I know that she is. Here is what I read last month:
1. Vanished In the Night by Eileen Carr- A solid mystery that kept me guessing.
2. Demons Prefer Blondes by Sidney Ayers- A so-so paranormal romance that could have been better. We'll have to see what happens next as it is the beginning of a series.
3. Grave Witch by Kalayna Price- An amazing beginning to this series. I couldn't put it down!
4. Phoenix Rising by Pip Ballantine & Tee Morris- Such a fun read that I absolutely loved!
5. Justice by Karen Robards- Romantic suspense that kept me turning the pages.
Looking over these books I enjoyed them for the most part other than Demons Prefer Blondes which ended up just being okay for me. These were all new to me authors and I'm looking forward to reading more by them. I still have a TON of books checked out from the library, sitting on my shelves, waiting for review, etc. I need August to be a great month of reading with all of these books but alas, it is only looking to be only about average right now. One of these days I'll catch up...