Thursday, March 10, 2011

Library Loot


Library Loot is a fun filled meme that asks us to share the books that we have picked up from the library lately.

I hit the jackpot the other day when I went to the library. I was (seriously) snatching up books off of the shelves left and right. The library that I went to isn't my ordinary library which made for a nice change. It also has shelves right when you walk in of newer releases and staff picks which is where I started hitting pay dirt. I have no self control when I'm at the library so here is what I found before I "forced" my way out of the door :)












1. India Black by Carol K. Carr- Isn't this cover gorgeous? This was the first book that I found and I had to have it!

2. One Grave Too Many by Beverly Connor- 1st in a series (of course) but it sounds really good and I was in the mood for a thriller.

3. The Likeness by Tana French- I read In The Woods a couple years back and really liked it so I have high hopes for this one.

4. The Spirit Lens by Carol Berg- Another find in the staff suggestions shelf and beginning to a series...plus it sounds awesome!

5. Bitter Night by Diana Pharaoh Francis- Like I could really leave the library without one urban fantasy :)

6. Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood- This is a cozy mysteries series that I've wanted to try for some time now.

These six just all look and sound so good. I came home from the library positively giddy ;) And I just added them to the crazy pile of books that I have checked out. I think that I'm going to HAVE to participate in the readathon that is coming up next month. Or I will never get everything read....actually, I could still participate and not finish everything before it is due back. Reading can be such an addiction :)

15 comments:

  1. Great loot. India Black keeps catching my eye but I haven't picked it up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. India Black and Phryne Fisher (Kerry Greenwood)....you are in for a couple of treats! Great reading.

    Here's my loot for the week: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/03/library-loot-march-9-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful loot! Enjoy them, Sam. I am taking a short blogging break but will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy Sam! Looks like you got some really good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover of Cocaine Blues is also really pretty. Do you make lists when going to the library? I usually try to do that before heading there, but it doesn't always work out... more often than not I find myself picking up books at random there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am about to start India Black myself, and the Phryne Fisher novels are such fun!

    Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you made quite a haul at the library! I read the Likeness and liked it.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on Dreadnought. I haven't read Clementine, the second book. I just haven't found it anywhere. Dreadnought stands up just fine out of order. it is barely connected to Boneshaker. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great loot! I dont blame you for grabbing all of them...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you picked up some great books! Our library used to have a 3 book lending limit on it, but I'm not sure about that these days. Anyway, enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently read In The Woods....I just reserved The LIkeness. Thanks for reminding me about it!

    Here is my loot:
    http://readinginwbl.blogspot.com/2011/03/library-loot-march-12th-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must admit I like the India Black cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Because I'm such a cover snob I love all of these!!!!! enjoy and I can't wait to read your thoughts on these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stack looks great! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just thinking I need to read the second of the Phryne Fisher series! hehe

    Looks like a great stack. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda- I just love the cover for India Black!!! It is gorgeous!

    Bev- I'll be by to check out your loot. And I am really looking forward to reading both of those books :)

    Suko- I hope that your blogging break leaves you feeling refreshed!

    Darlene- I am looking forward to reading all of them...LOL!

    Chinoiseries- I don't usually make lists when I go the library. If there is a specific book that I'm wanting to pick up then I request it. I find that I'm less disappointed then when it isn't there :)

    Marg- I've heard good things about the Fisher series so I can't wait to begin it!

    Sharon- I was just really excited to read your review as I haven't seen many reviews for this series. I LOVED Boneshaker and can't wait to give Dreadnought a try!

    Naida- I have no self control when I am the library whatsoever!

    Nikki Ann- I should probably try to check only three out...maybe then they would all get read :)

    Jen C- I'll have to check out your loot and your review on In The Woods. I love reading reviews of books that I have already read :)

    Sean- I love it too!!!!

    Staci- I have become such a huge cover fan in the past couple of years...I blame blogging :P

    Vasilly- I'm such a nut but I can't wait to read all of these!

    Eva- I'm bad about continuing on with all of the series that I start. That is something that I am trying to work on this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)