Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Sunday Salon- 2011 Goals and Changes


I just realized that I haven't posted a single book review in December. Where did the time go....this year has literally flown by! I already posted (in my completely overboard challenge post) that I was participating in Bloggiesta this year for the first time. And I am so excited as I feel that my blog needs some change. To be revamped, a fresh outlook, or something along those lines. I've got ideas floating around in my head but I'm not exactly sure which direction I'll go in. I do think that I'll start my Bloggiesta participation a bit early as the likelihood that I'll get everything I want to accomplished in 3 days decreases when you have little ones. I'm guessing that the entire month of January/the rest of this year will be blog renovation. Please be patient with me as I try to find something that works while matching it to me and my personality :)

I love reading everyone's goals for 2011 and top ten lists from 2010. Or most anticipated reads for 2011. Heck, I just like reading lists. I thought I would wait to do my top reads from this year but here are some of my goals for this blog in 2011. Or maybe I should say here are some changes that will be occurring.

1. I'm changing my reviews to thoughts on books. Small change really but for me I think it will be a huge difference. Maybe it is just the idea of a "review"....I don't know but I sometimes struggles with writing down my thoughts on a book. Which is silly because really all I am sharing or should be sharing is my reading experience, my thoughts, my feelings on what I read. This may be a small change but I'm hoping for big things :)

2. This leads into a goal which is sharing my thoughts after I finish a book. Like right after and not 3 months down the road. I have so many books from 2010 and even 2009 that I never posted about.

3. I'm going to continue and try to read a variety of books. I love reading books that are from a variety of genres as it keeps reading interesting for me. I'm going to continue and try expand my reading even more across the genres. And my goal is to continue making sure that I read "older" books as well or in other words books that weren't published in 2010 and 2011. I like to read new releases but I want a mixture of older titles as well.

4. I want to post even more pictures and posts related to my kids. Obviously I love to read but my family plays an even more important part in my life. I should be sharing that with all of you more often. (Did I ever share this one with you?? It is from last year so expect a new updated one soon)

5. My final goal/plan (because 5 is definitely plenty) is to post more often. I have a tendency to post maybe once a week and sometimes even less. I would like to post at least twice a week but I'm not going to put pressure on myself either. Because pressure will end up with me posting even less. I blog for the enjoyment of it and don't want this to feel like work. Or like I have to read. Or I have to do anything that I don't really want to do. I really just want to share my love of reading and my thoughts on the books I read.

What I'm going to continue to do is share my love of books with all of you. I would like to continue and share my library loot (which is always out of control). I love posting about books that are on my wishlist even though this usually ends with me requesting even more books from the library. I would like to be even more active in the blogging community and I ideally read from my google reader once in awhile. And comment...I do love to comment so I would like to continue to find the time to do that. But mainly just have fun with both this blog and my reading.

The basic summary of this post is that I have a ton on my plate for 2011. But with 3 kids, a full-time job and everything else...when don't I??? I like to be busy! Here is to hoping that whatever changes around here, that it all changes for the best and that 2011 is a year filled with good books!

7 comments:

  1. Great post, Sam! You have set some wonderful goals, which can be seen as guidelines so that you don't feel too much pressure. Adorable photo--I have not seen it before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun when the new year comes around to re-evaluate the blog and freshen it up. But remember not to put too much pressure on yourself. I always stop by no matter how often you post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Sam!
    sweet picture too!
    I need to re-vamp my blog too, but it scares me...lol. I dont want to mess it up.


    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea :)

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! All the best for 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great goals/changes for 2011! I also like the idea of writing thoughts rather than reviews--sometimes "review" seems like so much pressure! (though like you I struggle right now to review right after I read).

    And I've said it before but I'd love more picture. I have a feeling that I'll be posting more personal stuff in the future (or continue as I already do) and I love when others share as well. Makes the connection seem a bit more real, you know? YOur little guy is a cutie!!

    I hope you have a wonderful 2011 Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Dennis Lehane's Mystic River and loved it. I was quite interested when I saw the previews for the film Shutter Island, but I think I'd prefer to read the book than see the novel: images sometimes tend to frighten me to death! Happy reading! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suko- I definitely don't like a lot of pressure when it comes to blogging which is why I try and keep it low key. And thanks..he is getting so big!!

    Staci- I do enjoy the idea of giving my blog a mini makeover. And thank you for always stopping by! I appreciate more than you know :)

    Naida- I get a bit nervous myself as I'm not very tech savvy but I'm convinced I have to try :P We will see how it turns out...

    Nikki Ann- Thanks so much and the same to you!!

    Trish- I must say that I love reading your posts that are more personal...and I really like that changes that you have made with your new blog. It definitely works!

    Bellezza- I was a bit nervous to watch Shutter Island as I don't care for scary movies all that much..but I really ended up liking. There are some creepy parts though so be warned. And the book is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)