Friday, December 19, 2008

Stray by Rachel Vincent

I'm working hard on catching up on reviews and this was one of those books that started my review backup because I just couldn't put it down. Stray is the 1st in this series and introduces us to Faythe who is a werecat. Her father is the leader of the Pride, a large group of werecats, and has always kept a close eye on Faythe as she is one of the few female werecats. Trouble is brewing in the sense that two of the females are missing and there are no leads to who has taken them and why. Before Faythe knows it she is caught up in the middle and is trying to find the answers to who has taken her friends. Faythe is a feisty main character with a lot of spunk that had me rooting for her from the beginning. She is also dealing with being around her ex-boyriend who has obvious feelings for her and her overprotective father and brothers. Faythe had her flaws which in my opinion made her all the more likeable.
This book captivated me from the beginning and I was turning the pages as fast as I could. The author gave the reader a fresh twist on the paranormal and I've gotta admit that this book blew me away. I just really enjoyed it can't say enough good things about this book. There were a few scenes that were hard to read but I don't want to share for fear of spoilers. Not enough to take away from the book at all. I'm impressed as I believe that this is the author's 1st book. I've already picked up the next book from the library and am anxious to start it. Great read!
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5

5 comments:

  1. This sounds so good. I love anything paranormal and a series is even better. This has gone on my list to check into. Thanks for a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a goone one, i've become a fan of paranormals.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dar- This book was really good. Good enough that I considered a 5 star rating. I'm excited to find a new series to follow :)

    Naida- I'm become a fan of paranormals as well! I actually didn't think that they would be my thing but the more I read of them the more I like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of these. The whole werecat thing sounds kinda neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladytink- I really enjoyed this one and have already picked up Rogue from the library. It was a great start to this series and I would recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them :)